ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Is this a good deal "third genner guys"

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Lookin cool buddy. I have to head up to ft nelson this earlier week, not sure when I'm back. I'll text ya when I'm heading back. To bad, as I have been bored to near death all Christmas.

Curious, have you pull the egr cooler off? Wasn't sure if I would get as much heat out of the heater removing the egr cooler?
I'm just starting to get bored. 7th day completely sober and over the need for the "social drink".
Watched the kids on their winter vacation and slowed down my alcohol intake and felt so right that I decided to quit booze. Coffee, juice and a lot of shovelling the snow seems to work so far.
As for the egr cooler no, I didn't pulled it off, money's been tight since my hand accident then we finally caught up a bit on the bills with enough to spare for the turbo back exhaust, a tuner, Firestone airlift, the undercoating and LineX and a couple of speeding tickets, I guess cops need to justify their pay checks somehow too
Otherwise life is good, saving up for studs and wondering if I can bribe you somehow to tighten my stock ones for now.
Let me know when you get back I'll stop by so you can drool again over the G56/3:42 LOL
Ps: I also got a new to me 9,500lbs receiver winch and got from Amazon a front receiver hitch so I can use the winch either in front or at back of the truck. And it works great pulled my father inlaw's van out of a snow bank a few weeks back
Old 01-06-2014, 08:29 AM
The Guru

Originally Posted by magiriano
I'm just starting to get bored. 7th day completely sober and over the need for the "social drink".
Watched the kids on their winter vacation and slowed down my alcohol intake and felt so right that I decided to quit booze. Coffee, juice and a lot of shovelling the snow seems to work so far.
As for the egr cooler no, I didn't pulled it off, money's been tight since my hand accident then we finally caught up a bit on the bills with enough to spare for the turbo back exhaust, a tuner, the undercoating and lineX and a couple of speeding tickets, I guess cops need to justify their pay checks somehow too
Otherwise life is good, saving up for studs and wondering if I can bribe you somehow to tighten my stock ones for now.
Let me know when you get back I'll stop by so you can drool again over the G56/3:42 LOL
Ps: I also got a new to me 9,500lbs receiver winch and got from Amazon a front receiver hitch so I can use the winch either in front or at back of the truck. And it works great pulled my father inlaw's van out of a snow bank a few weeks back
Good deal buddy. I wish I had a winch on one of my trucks. I'm heading up north today, off the highway down a narrow logging road for the rest of the week. Best way to put it, at least its scenically beautiful. They probably have twice the snow we have. Fuel is around $1.4 per litre, if you can find it. I put 12000km's on my truck last month.

My 2010 still has the egr cooler on, as I drive mine during the colder weather. Heat inside the cab is nice when its below -40 deg'c. Hate to say but that exhaust brake is really sweet set-up. My 5.9 took forever to heat up, if it ever did. Had to cardboard up the entire front in order to get any heat.

As long as you bring a few beers, I'm game to giver a pull on the bolts. Might be a good idea to relash the valves as well. So far my 6.7L has been a decent truck.

Cheers, mon. Took me two days to get over the new years hang over this year. man must be getting old
Old 01-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Banned

Good deal buddy. I wish I had a winch on one of my trucks. I'm heading up north today, off the highway down a narrow logging road for the rest of the week. Best way to put it, at least its scenically beautiful. They probably have twice the snow we have. Fuel is around $1.4 per litre, if you can find it. I put 12000km's on my truck last month.

My 2010 still has the egr cooler on, as I drive mine during the colder weather. Heat inside the cab is nice when its below -40 deg'c. Hate to say but that exhaust brake is really sweet set-up. My 5.9 took forever to heat up, if it ever did. Had to cardboard up the entire front in order to get any heat.

As long as you bring a few beers, I'm game to giver a pull on the bolts. Might be a good idea to relash the valves as well. So far my 6.7L has been a decent truck.

Cheers, mon. Took me two days to get over the new years hang over this year. man must be getting old
Not using the winch at all this week as I don't work and it goes into the receiver hitch and I connect it with booster cables. If you think you need it for your trip you can borrow it anytime.
And I'd be happy to buy you a meal and a few beers when you have time to take a look at my engine. I'm also curious what it looks like I never strained the filter to look for metal but I remember on my first oil change I had a few shards of metal on the magnetic plug maybe they were left on the oil pan from the factory?
At 45,000 km now thanx to the 2 trips to TX last yr otherwise I'd be at 25. Used the Mrs's TDI a lot as it takes 1/3 of the fuel
Old 01-11-2014, 12:33 AM
The Guru

Originally Posted by magiriano
Not using the winch at all this week as I don't work and it goes into the receiver hitch and I connect it with booster cables. If you think you need it for your trip you can borrow it anytime.
And I'd be happy to buy you a meal and a few beers when you have time to take a look at my engine. I'm also curious what it looks like I never strained the filter to look for metal but I remember on my first oil change I had a few shards of metal on the magnetic plug maybe they were left on the oil pan from the factory?
At 45,000 km now thanx to the 2 trips to TX last yr otherwise I'd be at 25. Used the Mrs's TDI a lot as it takes 1/3 of the fuel
I should be around next week, I will give you a call.

I'm up in Fort Nelson right now. fuel is $1.57per litre up here and -20 deg's C.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:32 AM
Banned

I should be around next week, I will give you a call.

I'm up in Fort Nelson right now. fuel is $1.57per litre up here and -20 deg's C.
Ok Mike,
LMK when and I'll be there