ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Is this a good deal "third genner guys"

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this a good deal "third genner guys"

Kinda kicking the tires on a 2007 Mega"5.9",SLT,3500 dually 4x4/auto/power everything with 32km on the odometer,pretty much loaded,car fax is good/all dealer inspected---everything checks out on paper.Only problem is that is out of the states---either Nevada or Oregon and "no warranty in Canada"---but i"m trying to get them to throw one in though Chrysler up here just in case.Truck is very clean for the 25 pics they sent me cause it is out of province.I might hop on a plane just to have a look-see,i think it will go for 38k out the door all inclusive.I still plan on keep my second genner for me, but this one the Mrs could drive too.Let me know what you think or walk away and enjoy the 2001.Thanks---PS--NO flame or war intended---my vote is that its a "good/fair deal" Later DW
Old 11-24-2008, 06:37 PM

Sounds like a nice truck,, but is that price to your door? Remember the dollar difference, duties and taxes at the border, and you have to pay gst when you enter Canada. Just a heads up.

As for the truck you would love it I am sure. Although personally if I was buying a newer truck like that, I would go all the way and get a 6.7... I think that there is enough advancement now that I would go with it

kevin
Old 11-24-2008, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by morkable
Sounds like a nice truck,, but is that price to your door? Remember the dollar difference, duties and taxes at the border, and you have to pay gst when you enter Canada. Just a heads up.

As for the truck you would love it I am sure. Although personally if I was buying a newer truck like that, I would go all the way and get a 6.7... I think that there is enough advancement now that I would go with it

kevin
its in Canada, all paper work is done(Border taxes ect/fees all paid)i do have to go pick it up,but i have family close by.For the 6.7 i kind of want to stay away from the newer emission stuff for now----a 2007 5.9 is the split year for both 5.9 and 6.7 introduced so thats why it caught my interest----"the last of the best so to speak".38K Canadian funds "out the door----All inclusive"
Old 11-24-2008, 06:44 PM

I've been seeing 2500 megas in the paper new for around $41k now. Thats in Edmonton. That will get you a warranty. For the dollar we have, you'd be paying close to $50k, maybe a warranty, possible issues at the border (not sure what all is involved to make it 'Canada Ready' besides DRL's). The dealers still have those big 'discount's going, so take advantage of them while they last. Once the dollar starts sinking more, they will disappear, and it will be like it was 2 years ago.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tate
I've been seeing 2500 megas in the paper new for around $41k now. Thats in Edmonton. That will get you a warranty. For the dollar we have, you'd be paying close to $50k, maybe a warranty, possible issues at the border (not sure what all is involved to make it 'Canada Ready' besides DRL's). The dealers still have those big 'discount's going, so take advantage of them while they last. Once the dollar starts sinking more, they will disappear, and it will be like it was 2 years ago.
Probable be close to 44K once all the fees/taxes are included on a 2008 6.7 mega----but for 41k it is a good deal too considering i paid 42k +gst for my 2001 7 years ago.This 2007 is 38k if i get my way
Old 11-24-2008, 06:52 PM

Its also Canadian ready---paperwork/inspection and daytime running light enabled.Meets all the Canadian requirements
Old 11-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Its hard to find a 5.9 loaded Mega like that.

I did find an 08 Black Sport Laramie 4x4 dually for 1/2 MSRP in the states. List on it was 51,000 and I'd be into it for about 31 CAD plus the tax at the border. No warranty either. My last Mega was from the USA, never had a problem with the truck and when I took it in for the engine light up here...with about 2500 miles on it...Big Red text across the screen...Warranty Void Imported.
Oh well, I racked 112,000 on it in less then 12 months anyway.

Scotty
p.s. The retail on the same truck I found in the states was near 70K up here...even after rebates etc, I would still be saving 18K!
Old 11-24-2008, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by DWeiler
Probable be close to 44K once all the fees/taxes are included----but for 41k it is a good deal too considering i paid 42k +gst for my 2001 7 years ago.
I paid just over 42K for mine brand new out the door..............not a real good deal IMHO. The only reason I didn't go South to buy one at the time because it would have worked out to roughly the same.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:11 PM

I think that if it is loaded, that sounds like a decent deal,,, but, it all depends on how important the warranty is to you. Maybe browse around on autotrader and see if there are any other ones out there that maybe similar price but with warranty,, maybe,,

just a thought

Kevin
Old 11-24-2008, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by morkable
I think that if it is loaded, that sounds like a decent deal,,, but, it all depends on how important the warranty is to you. Maybe browse around on autotrader and see if there are any other ones out there that maybe similar price but with warranty,, maybe,,

just a thought

Kevin
Thank Festus/Kevin---trust me i'm always looking for that "DEAL"most of the dually are beat to crap/high mileage.Still looking looking looking,i don't have to buy this one or any other truck but this one caught my eye/interest.I 'll still be browsing around but for now i would still like the a 2007 5.9 dually.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:21 PM

that was 32K on the odometer, or 32 km?
Old 11-24-2008, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Festus
that was 32K on the odometer, or 32 km?
32,000 Kilometers
Old 11-24-2008, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Its hard to find a 5.9 loaded Mega like that.

I did find an 08 Black Sport Laramie 4x4 dually for 1/2 MSRP in the states. List on it was 51,000 and I'd be into it for about 31 CAD plus the tax at the border. No warranty either. My last Mega was from the USA, never had a problem with the truck and when I took it in for the engine light up here...with about 2500 miles on it...Big Red text across the screen...Warranty Void Imported.
Oh well, I racked 112,000 on it in less then 12 months anyway.

Scotty
p.s. The retail on the same truck I found in the states was near 70K up here...even after rebates etc, I would still be saving 18K!
I would love to have another "sport",but they are rare around here,not many for sale---in the dark grey----"yummy"---sign me up-----PS 112000KM got me beat by about 30k a year compared to what i drive for a living in cowtown.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:48 PM
The Guru

Thats a good deal, the best I could get for a loaded mega was low 50's. Whats warranty these days. Most dealer don't know how to fix anything and if they do they will nickle and dime ya. Beside, there is warranty, you just have to fight for it. Even if you have to drag back across the border to get service. I have an 08 hemi, its stock and bought locally and my dealer told me find another dealership last week. So why play their game.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Thats a good deal, the best I could get for a loaded mega was low 50's. Whats warranty these days. Most dealer don't know how to fix anything and if they do they will nickle and dime ya. Beside, there is warranty, you just have to fight for it. Even if you have to drag back across the border to get service. I have an 08 hemi, its stock and bought locally and my dealer told me find another dealership last week. So why play their game.
No warranty but i"m trying to work one into the deal---maybe a 2 year deal,they wanted 1800.00 for a 3 year power train.My 2001 never has been back to the dealer since they said my Mag-Hytec was the probable cause for the rear axle seal starting to leak.Yes i do have a warranty in the USA, just hope i have problem down south.Maybe you have a bad name Mike----the dealer may know that you have a bombed diesel and now they think you have moved on to your 300.If i make it passed a couple of years with no major problems then it works for me if not then i gambled and lost---life goes on and hopefully i"v learn from my mistakes.Thanks Mike----David

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal "third genner guys"