ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

DPS Calgary July 9th

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't see Diesel Dave2 there but I did get a pic of his truck parked 2 stalls away from mine!
Old 07-10-2011, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by huck25
Anybody have any results from the dyno day?
It was my first time on a dyno so I had no idea what to expect. 230hp @ 660 doesn't seem too bad for a 1st Gen!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by New_Dog93
I didn't see Diesel Dave there but I did get a pic of his truck parked 2 stalls away from mine!

Sorry I missed you...You had the silver 1st gen quad cab??

One of these days we have to have a Alberta GTG..
Old 07-11-2011, 12:22 PM

Diesel Dave must have already been gone by the time we (Tate and I) got there, didn't see his shiny truck anywhere.

We got there late, and stayed till about 6am, slept for a few hours and then went to the track for the day. That 9.88@140mph made it all worthwhile though.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:15 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by DWeiler
How did the truck do towing with the twins????????

Towing with twins is a dream! Like I mentioned in the "Twins" thread I no longer need a pyro. The hottest I have ever gotten my truck is 1200degrees.

I did 125+ km/hr with the 10k lb 5th wheel from Moose Jaw to Calgary. I would never normally go that fast with the trailer but the truck just cruises in 6th gear 2200 rpm.
I'm not one to calculate towing fuel mileage but I have been lately. It has not changed much at all compared to when it was near stock.
My Moose Jaw to Calgary 125+ run was 12.2mpg Canadian. Slight head wind & going too fast.

My Calgary to Rocky Mtn House run & return with the trailer was 13.4mpg Cdn driving in 5th gear at my usual 110km/h. All hand calculated.

The SB DD clutch is noisy & bugs me at times but I have a Fluiddamper on the way as per Tate's recommendation.
I'm still running Smarty regular Revo Level 7, all defaults. No other modules, removed the Edge EZ. This level did 450RWHP in Red Deer last fall.

The only changes to the truck since last fall are a BD intercooler & the largest conical AFE Pro Guard 7 air filter I could fit in there.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:53 PM
The Guru

Originally Posted by dvst8r
Diesel Dave must have already been gone by the time we (Tate and I) got there, didn't see his shiny truck anywhere.

We got there late, and stayed till about 6am, slept for a few hours and then went to the track for the day. That 9.88@140mph made it all worthwhile though.
sound like I miss out on the action again. Once again congrats to Torrey on get it done and making a wickly fast run, first full pass of the year and a 9.88 @ 140mph, darn near faster than the pro-street stuff.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel Dave2
Sorry I missed you...You had the silver 1st gen quad cab??

One of these days we have to have a Alberta GTG..
Yup, that's me! A GTG sounds like a great idea!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well lets pick a time and place then. I wouldn't mind, had a good time chattin diesel with Tate as we wrenched in the sun. Don't do it near enough.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by StealthDiesel
Towing with twins is a dream! Like I mentioned in the "Twins" thread I no longer need a pyro. The hottest I have ever gotten my truck is 1200degrees.

I did 125+ km/hr with the 10k lb 5th wheel from Moose Jaw to Calgary. I would never normally go that fast with the trailer but the truck just cruises in 6th gear 2200 rpm.
I'm not one to calculate towing fuel mileage but I have been lately. It has not changed much at all compared to when it was near stock.
My Moose Jaw to Calgary 125+ run was 12.2mpg Canadian. Slight head wind & going too fast.

My Calgary to Rocky Mtn House run & return with the trailer was 13.4mpg Cdn driving in 5th gear at my usual 110km/h. All hand calculated.

The SB DD clutch is noisy & bugs me at times but I have a Fluiddamper on the way as per Tate's recommendation.
I'm still running Smarty regular Revo Level 7, all defaults. No other modules, removed the Edge EZ. This level did 450RWHP in Red Deer last fall.

The only changes to the truck since last fall are a BD intercooler & the largest conical AFE Pro Guard 7 air filter I could fit in there.
Good to hear Joe .Glad you have it set up the way you like.DW
Old 07-11-2011, 11:05 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by DWeiler
Good to hear Joe .Glad you have it set up the way you like.DW
Thanks Dave! When is your common rail going to ASW to get the twins treatment?!!

I too am up for a GTG but we are on vacation/camping nearly every w/end until September.

Perhaps an early fall GTG? Perhaps a dyno GTG? Red Deer always seems to work best as it's central.

Any comments on how the DPS Mustang dyno was working?
Old 07-12-2011, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
sound like I miss out on the action again. Once again congrats to Torrey on get it done and making a wickly fast run, first full pass of the year and a 9.88 @ 140mph, darn near faster than the pro-street stuff.
It was faster then all the prostreet that day.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:18 AM
The Guru

It was faster then all the prostreet that day.
No supprises then, glad you guys got things working. So did you use the boost controller or run the original set-up. Can't wait to see how well the truck run once we get all those little things fixed. Probably could use those twins on a street truck with the right tuning.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:07 AM

That wastegate has issues, ended up with just a line from the intake manifold right to the top of the gate, to clamp it closed. Seemed to work, but until we can get some more passes in, and have the gauges recall the data, we are still a little blind.

With a stand alone, or efi live, it could be driven on the street with that setup. It could now as well, just be a little smokey...
Old 07-12-2011, 11:25 AM
The Guru

That wastegate has issues, ended up with just a line from the intake manifold right to the top of the gate, to clamp it closed. Seemed to work, but until we can get some more passes in, and have the gauges recall the data, we are still a little blind.

With a stand alone, or efi live, it could be driven on the street with that setup. It could now as well, just be a little smokey...
Twins sure have come along ways, you look at the outside of those turbos, no one would even guess what was done inside.

One decent learning so far is I'm glad that I never bought one of those fancy $$$ gates

You have any videos of the pass? EFI has so much better mapping ablity than what available now. That's half the battle on getting these truck to run decently without a nuke down.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by StealthDiesel
Thanks Dave! When is your common rail going to ASW to get the twins treatment?!!

I too am up for a GTG but we are on vacation/camping nearly every w/end until September.

Perhaps an early fall GTG? Perhaps a dyno GTG? Red Deer always seems to work best as it's central.

Any comments on how the DPS Mustang dyno was working?
Twins Twins Twins----probable can't get that one passed the MRS---if i did i would be fighting her for the keys as she tends to break the duals loose now when playing(that's my girl--i think i found a good one).Probable finish up the suspension mods by early 2012(track bar/ leveling kit/control arms/ladder bars then move onto my bumpers---only thing left it engine/tranny and i have a few ideas for that.