ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

DPS Calgary July 9th

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DPS Calgary July 9th

Anybody going to DPS on Saturday for the dyno contest etc? I'm dishing out the $60 registration fee just to see what the old beast actually puts out these days!

:cbadge2:
Old 07-06-2011, 08:51 AM

Don't think I am going to make the Saturday portion, but am trying hard to make it to the track on Sunday.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Pickin on the wrong admin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm going to stop by Sat....Meeting up with Mike Holmen..
Old 07-06-2011, 06:49 PM

may bring old blue out for the day-----Been a really bad week for my 2007 as a u-joint let go on me ----it will see DPS on Monday for new Spicer joints/Mopar hubs/Carli Balljoints/08 Sterring upgrade and may as well put new rotor/pads on while it apart---basically a new front end,90K so far(this will hurt),I have 4500Km trip in 7 weeks so i'm glad it let go now as if i only did the one side ---sure as heck the other would let go while the furthest place from civilization---i guess piece of mind.I really can't do it myself as i"m training at work/and have the wife's car brakes to do on the weekend plus 2 major project going on at home/lake property----might be done everything before holidays in Sept.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:34 PM

Maybe i'll run into you and Mike there Diesel Dave2. Hope you can make it DWeiler. should be a good day!
Old 07-08-2011, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by New_Dog93
Maybe i'll run into you and Mike there Diesel Dave2. Hope you can make it DWeiler. should be a good day!
Probable show up about noon as i was planning to wash my ride tonight but mother nature had other plans----i will give it a bath after work tomorrow before i arrive,hopefully the weather will cooperate.DW
Old 07-08-2011, 11:47 PM
The Guru

Originally Posted by Diesel Dave2
I'm going to stop by Sat....Meeting up with Mike Holmen..
Sorry mon, I'm out East. Anyways both trucks are really power deprived these days. Gonna fix that problem.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:05 AM

I'm goin to head out around 11:00..Can't stay to long...Got to keep working on these home projects..
Old 07-09-2011, 04:02 PM

Old 07-09-2011, 07:24 PM
The Guru

Originally Posted by DWeiler
may bring old blue out for the day-----Been a really bad week for my 2007 as a u-joint let go on me ----it will see DPS on Monday for new Spicer joints/Mopar hubs/Carli Balljoints/08 Sterring upgrade and may as well put new rotor/pads on while it apart---basically a new front end,90K so far(this will hurt),I have 4500Km trip in 7 weeks so i'm glad it let go now as if i only did the one side ---sure as heck the other would let go while the furthest place from civilization---i guess piece of mind.I really can't do it myself as i"m training at work/and have the wife's car brakes to do on the weekend plus 2 major project going on at home/lake property----might be done everything before holidays in Sept.
Why you doing the hubs? That's really early. The should last a lot longer than 90k. I had my universal front axle rebuilt a few years ago at Pats driveline when I put a dana 80 in the rear. Wasn't to expensive. Your ball joints gone as well? Those are easy repairs to do at home and the brakes aren't that hard to do either.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:51 PM

Anybody have any results from the dyno day?
Old 07-09-2011, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Why you doing the hubs? That's really early. The should last a lot longer than 90k. I had my universal front axle rebuilt a few years ago at Pats driveline when I put a dana 80 in the rear. Wasn't to expensive. Your ball joints gone as well? Those are easy repairs to do at home and the brakes aren't that hard to do either.
Hey Mike---i figure while its being done may as well replace those parts while its apart.I thinking its the u joint but it sure is making a good racket---knocking/clunk so it could be a hub starting to let go.We will see as i was planning on putting a CARLI system on next year so now i will only do the ball joints and spend the rest later.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:28 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Sorry I missed the Dyno GTG at DPS.

I live 3 minutes away from DPS but I've missed every DPS Dyno day for one reason or another. Today was 14hours of work.. on-call all weekend...

After our 3000 km/10day RV vacation/tour of Saskatchewan, our truck & RV need a ton of maintenance & cleaning which I was hoping to do this w/end.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by StealthDiesel
Sorry I missed the Dyno GTG at DPS.

I live 3 minutes away from DPS but I've missed every DPS Dyno day for one reason or another. Today was 14hours of work.. on-call all weekend...

After our 3000 km/10day RV vacation/tour of Saskatchewan, our truck & RV need a ton of maintenance & cleaning which I was hoping to do this w/end.
How did the truck do towing with the twins????????
Old 07-10-2011, 07:46 PM
The Guru

Originally Posted by DWeiler
Hey Mike---i figure while its being done may as well replace those parts while its apart.I thinking its the u joint but it sure is making a good racket---knocking/clunk so it could be a hub starting to let go.We will see as i was planning on putting a CARLI system on next year so now i will only do the ball joints and spend the rest later.
My 02 still has its original front axle universals, with 320000km on the truck I just been throwing grease in them when I change the hubs

Quick Reply: DPS Calgary July 9th