ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Calgary Meet and Greet

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yikes, thats no good, are you having a built tranny put in or just a replacement?
Old 08-01-2008, 03:07 PM

Billet input shaft and billet flexplate, triple disk converter, should be awsome
Old 08-01-2008, 08:04 PM

I'll say, that should hold some power for sure.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Finalized plans have been made for a meet and Cruise in Calgary on the 10th of August in the afternoon.. From the local site..

Littleleadfoot - How about we start at the good old Timmies 12th and McKnight then head for the Road king cause I hear there is a spot behind the truck stop where we could line up the trucks for a few photos. From there we could head for, (this is where it gets tough because it is supposed to be fairly decent out and anywhere will be busy) I was thinking Fish Creek, Glenmore park or Bowness but I think Bowness would probably be the busiest. Ideas?

Oh and I think 2:00 pm is a good time, still early enough.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:08 PM

Sounds good. Are you gonna be able to make it J?
Old 08-08-2008, 10:06 PM
The Guru

Fury bud, you need some twins and big sticks to break in that tranny right. Which shop did the tranny for the rig? Its cool to break billet parts, right.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:09 PM

Haha yeah maybe in a paycheck or two, Its a Goerend unit, I put the trip off for about a month as I bought the car first instead. Figured I might as well as long as the truck still moves, but I think from driving it without second its killed the TC, it shook so hard merging lightly the other day I had to let off (the cup holders opened)
Ironically since the tranny lost second is the first time ive really needed my truck, 4 trailers to the dump 2 full loads of bricks and a load of sod in 2 weeks haha.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:59 AM
The Guru

I can give you hand with the install in a few months if your putting it in yourself. Is Goerend charging you a core charge or you have to supply a core? I had to supply a core for my DTT and everything broke inside from the intermedate shaft breaking, so I had to find a new core. Pricey buddy.

Mine just keep blowing off my intercooler boots. Sucks pulling too much boost. Before you know it I have 40 to 50psi. Boom, if the clamps aren't tight. I'll build a garrett 3782R/S480 for ya. I get to break them in, you get to enjoy them. They should work well for any big sticks you plan on running. I'm going smaller on sticks and twins. I'm tired of fixing broken trannies, ok not but I have to try something different. Tate has a sweet set-up coming together. He's you can swap back and forth from a GT42 to GT45 depending on how you set-up the truck.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:28 PM

I'm actually thinking of making it a road trip to go down there to the shop in Iowa and getting them to do the swap just so they cant tell me I did something wrong putting it in or something, but thanks for offering to help.
I've been thinking of twins lately but I need to get the head O-ringed and studded first and want to put in a cam when I get the head done.
Mike you gonna be out at the GTG and cruise today? I still havnt decided on bringing the truck or the car yet, probably the truck.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:23 PM
The Guru

nan I would go with twins first. You can upgrade after you break stuff, its easier to justify replacing them with the wife. I would use studs though, I have an used set. You might be able to get away without an oring head, depending on what and how you set the truck-up. I would do the cam and head next year. Its just more smoke and a bit less power. You can also put in a blow-off valves to limit your blast to 55 psi. Of course that still range for a good single. I'm still leak fixing. I kinda weinder out today. My business books are three months behind, so I had to get them done and today was last day of my vacation. Trust me I would have rather been there, limping in the ride. I did find time to take the old girl out for a spin. I think I was all over the road as my front end is shoty and that doesn't mix well at 100mph. Almost got a speeding ticket on the trip.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:09 PM

Haha nice, it was a good meet and a fun cruise around out to Okotoks, I climbed a sick hill, we smoked out the highway numerous times, got some nice pictures and a few videos. Oh and best of all, DiggerDave's truck smokes now haha!!
Well the biggest thing about wanting to get all the topend done is I want to go serious with this truck now. I want to push it up to the 600 mark over the next year without spray. The biggest setback was the tranny and now when I get that in I can start on the power, and I like to do things the right way from the start. I don't really wanna wait for the HG to pop and make a mess.