ABDTR #5 Alberta Chapter #5 Discussion

Are you up to the challenge???

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you up to the challenge???

Hello fellow Albertans, back from holidays, but thought you all might enjoy a post i put up, here is the link

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...39#post2167839

Hope to see ya on the road. Can you tell i'm happy?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:17 AM

How about a test drive??? Puh-leeese.!.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You bugger!!! Seriously though...NICE ride!
Old 08-06-2008, 11:30 PM

they are putting a black one up for auction in olds I don't think its right but what the heck still nice to look at
Attachment 23387

Attachment 23388
heh heh and there is the Camera shy old critter of a truck in the back to
Old 08-07-2008, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by northernwheeler
How about a test drive??? Puh-leeese.!.
Probably be bringing her home on the 16th from the lake. But when i come from that direction usually take the new 881 hightway. But could possibly be going back through your way near the end of the month.

They were also talking about an auction, but didn't give them much of a chance to let them think to much about it. This was there second one they have sold, the first was an orange one still comming and hasn't arrived yet.
Kinda sad about the auction thing though, maybe all the extra money they make off of theses, they'll put in into training/hiring some new tech peeps.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:29 PM

Hey power diesel, we will have to catch up one day in ft mac, I just bought a house at gregoire lake. My wife is thinking about trading in the commander on one of those bad boys

Kevin
Old 08-08-2008, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by morkable
Hey power diesel, we will have to catch up one day in ft mac, I just bought a house at gregoire lake. My wife is thinking about trading in the commander on one of those bad boys

Kevin
Oh boy, you don't want to see this thing in person or you'll be going to get one.
The father in law used to live out there, gregoire, just moved last summer. Good bunch of people out there, your going to have many late nights. Where abouts did ya buy, they had a few on the block the last little while.

But ya we definatley need to meet and bs a little, when i get it back in town on the weekend of the 16/17, i'll take a cruise out there.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:01 PM

Ill be at august blackout that weekend, but I will be back on the monday. The one we bought is 23 gregoire drive.

I did go and see one, if things were just a little different (as in not just buying a ft mac house) I think we would be picking one up

Kevin
Old 08-09-2008, 09:12 AM
The Guru

I rather have the 92 dodge pick-up on my drive way. My local dealership is trying to talk me into one of those things (they want 80K for it). I own a 300 srt and its been waiting to be modded, its to nice for me to start changing things. The 6.1 hemi is one good gas engine and hauls butt unlike the 5.7 hemi. The SRT doesn't make for a good around town bomber as it bottoms out some on the roads here in my town but it does makes me smile on the daily work commutes. There an USA dealership that sales the challenger with a with a blower installed and comes still with a dodge 3/60k warrantee. Go figure that one out. The broucher has it rated at 625HP. I love to fly down and pick that one up. Sure beats the normal corvette or poshcy yuppies that we have here in cow town.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
I rather have the 92 dodge pick-up on my drive way. My local dealership is trying to talk me into one of those things (they want 80K for it). I own a 300 srt and its been waiting to be modded, its to nice for me to start changing things. The 6.1 hemi is one good gas engine and hauls butt unlike the 5.7 hemi. The SRT doesn't make for a good around town bomber as it bottoms out some on the roads here in my town but it does makes me smile on the daily work commutes. There an USA dealership that sales the challenger with a with a blower installed and comes still with a dodge 3/60k warrantee. Go figure that one out. The broucher has it rated at 625HP. I love to fly down and pick that one up. Sure beats the normal corvette or poshcy yuppies that we have here in cow town.
Ya i was trying to convince my other that we needed the 300 or charger srt when they came out but she wouldn't bite, but she couldn't resist the looks of this one. ha ha.
Actually i haven't got mine home yet, it's at the lake near edm, so i'm gonna drive down on the 14, get the car and swing down your way, Calgary, to grab the bike at the shop and then head home. I would say for the most part though ya have much better roads than we do up here.
Old 08-09-2008, 05:32 PM

They auctioned one off here in High River of all places, sold for $67,000. I couldent belive it when I saw it here as its about 90% trucks and the odd car or van on the lot. Sure was a nice lookin car for the day and a half it was on the corner. It was orange.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:13 AM
The Guru

Is the car on bremo's? 20 incher. Did they put a posi in it? The SRT don't have a posi unit. Muscle cars need a sure-grip. My ESP is pain and you need a tuner box to fix the lack of low end power. Sweet ride bud. My neighbor has a shelby GT-500 and he's not cutting off the smogged exhaust or putting on a CAI. He's had it a month and just left it in his garage. I would have burnt the first set of rear hides of by now. You gonna put headers on it.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Holmen
Is the car on bremo's? 20 incher. Did they put a posi in it? The SRT don't have a posi unit. Muscle cars need a sure-grip. My ESP is pain and you need a tuner box to fix the lack of low end power. Sweet ride bud. My neighbor has a shelby GT-500 and he's not cutting off the smogged exhaust or putting on a CAI. He's had it a month and just left it in his garage. I would have burnt the first set of rear hides of by now. You gonna put headers on it.
Thanks.
Yup 20" 's all around, Bremo's front and back.

I've tried to look for some extra goodies allready, but not much out there right now. Would love to find an exhaust system, needs to bark just a little louder. I almost want to try and get the 300 SRT exhaust (aftermarket) and see if it will fit. Headers would also be a nice touch, but might have to wait a friggin year and see what come out. Have you checked on this site for your 300.
http://www.speedfactorycars.com/index.html

it's nasty in there.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:32 PM
The Guru

Check this one out

http://www.gsmotorsports.com/Merchan..._Code=icharger

They are bad bad hemi stuff. 25 psi engine on pump gas.

Mopar have some stuff and its warranty friendly. I bet most of the 300/charger stuff will fit and there are tons of stuff. Also check indy motor, they build a bad 426in engine that runs 560HP on the street pump gas without a blower right out of a box. The stock 20in don't hook-up and you might haze them and the esp will kick in. Sometimes you have burn a 20footer sometimes it coughs and sputters. A tune will fix that issue. Go with magnaflow for the exhaust as its has a nice bad hemi sound. Other don't have the low frequency growl as pronouced. A mini spool to dump the slip rear would also be welcome. I still can't beat up the gravel roads like my 02 ram.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:25 PM

I allmost had the wife ready to trade off the commander for one yesterday, I think if the salesman would have came by she might have done it

Kevin

Quick Reply: Are you up to the challenge???