4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

New 2011 Dodge Laramie 3500 owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 2011 Dodge Laramie 3500 owner

I've been looking at the new trucks for the last month and ended up buying a loaded Laramie 4x4, SRW, gray on gray truck. It has the cummins engine too. This is a man's truck! Future plans will be to tow a 5RV. Initially I intended on a DRW but they didn't have a Larame model and the wife preferred the SRW.

Ended up getting it for $7k under MSRP, they tossed in the spray in bed liner. I also added the undercoating for $600 and the bumper/bumper 5yr/100k mile warranty. From what I've seen others here pay, that doesn't seem too bad. It's raining today but I'll post pictures tomorrow.

I wasn't sure about giving up my trade in. It was a 2009 Challenger SRT that I rebuilt the engine with a kenne bell supercharger. Made 725 hp. Beautiful car but hardly drove it.

Glad to be a member here.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the site. I'm not sure I could have parted with the Challenger...

You will like the 6.7 though.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:59 AM
I think I can... I think...

You gave up your challenger?????
OMG!!!
Could never let mine go!
I think i recognize you from challengertalk.com???
Yep I'm Capt. Ron here too.
welcome aboard!!

Originally Posted by Abnmarine
I've been looking at the new trucks for the last month and ended up buying a loaded Laramie 4x4, SRW, gray on gray truck. It has the cummins engine too. This is a man's truck! Future plans will be to tow a 5RV. Initially I intended on a DRW but they didn't have a Larame model and the wife preferred the SRW.

Ended up getting it for $7k under MSRP, they tossed in the spray in bed liner. I also added the undercoating for $600 and the bumper/bumper 5yr/100k mile warranty. From what I've seen others here pay, that doesn't seem too bad. It's raining today but I'll post pictures tomorrow.

I wasn't sure about giving up my trade in. It was a 2009 Challenger SRT that I rebuilt the engine with a kenne bell supercharger. Made 725 hp. Beautiful car but hardly drove it.

Glad to be a member here.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by capt.Ron
You gave up your challenger?????
OMG!!!
Could never let mine go!
I think i recognize you from challengertalk.com???
Yep I'm Capt. Ron here too.
welcome aboard!!

That's me. Trust me, it wasn't an easy decision to get rid of the Challenger. Especially with all of the mods I had. I didn't drive it but once or twice a month and will be beginning to scale down my possesions due to our future plans. In 8 years the wife and I will sell the house and fulltime in a RV.

So far I don't have any regrets. I'm still surprised that I did it though. I did mention to the wife that if I were to do this, I wanted a loaded Laramie. I didn't want to regret not having the added options.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:53 PM

Sorry to hijack this thread
ABN .. I am from Canada but last May was in Lake Mead at a campground near Vegas. I met American families there that have done the same thing - sold house, live in RV - might be a good time to form some association or club to get things together like group medical and group insurances as a lot of canadians are doing the same thing.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by DodgeChallenger
ABN .. I am from Canada but last May was in Lake Mead at a campground near Vegas. I met American families there that have done the same thing - sold house, live in RV - might be a good time to form some association or club to get things together like group medical and group insurances as a lot of canadians are doing the same thing.

There does seem to be an increase due to the economy. I'll be retiring from the military in a couple of years so we both are covered for medical. She is a nurse and will become a travelling nurse while I work odd jobs. We are doing it more for a sense of freedom of movement and to simplify our lifestyles. I've come to realize that life isn't always better will the more you have. It just creates more to take care of.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:44 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by DodgeChallenger
I thought all Canadians had their medical insurance taken care of by the government?

There does seem to be an increase due to the economy. I'll be retiring from the military in a couple of years so we both are covered for medical. She is a nurse and will become a travelling nurse while I work odd jobs. We are doing it more for a sense of freedom of movement and to simplify our lifestyles. I've come to realize that life isn't always better will the more you have. It just creates more to take care of.
Sounds like a fun lifestyle. You probably already know, but as a plus you can stay at military campgrounds for virtually nothing. Spent a couple of weeks at the Ft. Huachucha AZ campground a few years back for something like $10/day. BTW- Nice truck!
Old 09-29-2010, 01:10 PM

Thanks. We have stayed at a few already and keep them on our list. There are some really nice ones out there too.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funny thing is, that during the (first) Great Depression thousands of families did just that. They started their own tent/camping towns to avoid the skyrocketing property tax rates. This gave rise to our love of camping as a nation, I believe....
Old 10-19-2010, 01:06 PM

I'm in the same position, I bought an '11 Shelby Cobra and am thinking I shoulda bought a new truck. I like the car but I'm so afraid its going to get dinged or scratched by some knucklehead not paying attention. Took possession of it June 11th and its only got 1220 miles.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:54 PM

I traded my 08 Z06 3LZ Corvette for my Laramie. I had it for 2 years and only had 1700 miles on it. I loved the car but was afraid to drive it around much. I was either dodging the college boys/girls talking on cell phones or beng cussed out or flipped off for not racing a good old boy in his pickup truck. I have been very satisfied with my trade.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:55 PM

I traded in the Challenger three weeks ago and don't miss it. I enjoy driving the truck and already put it to use. No regrets here.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:13 PM

I traded in the Challenger three weeks ago and don't miss it. I enjoy driving the truck and already put it to use. No regrets here.
What Dodge dealer did you trade to? That sounds like an awesome Challenger to buy....if they haven't resold it already.