4th Gen Ram -Non Drivetrain- 2010 and Up Talk about the 2010 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Motor Trend 2011 F250 vs. 2010 RAM 2500

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 10:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wait a sec, they say the new Ram is rough around the edges? The Ford cab has been around the block since 1999.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:26 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Horn 06
Wait a sec, they say the new Ram is rough around the edges? The Ford cab has been around the block since 1999.
That is worthy of being in my sig....

______

Edit:

Awww....Im outta room....

til the end of the month that is....

Vote Madhat!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Horn 06
Each year that a new model comes out the rags (who are on the take from the manufacturers) name the "of the year" when a new model comes out -- when it's great or even if it sucks. The 2010 Dodge was really great.

Now that the 2011's are coming out, those same rags need to justify taking the dough from the next manufacturer to name it's wares the "of the year."

This comparison is nothing more than "laying the groundwork" for their eventual declaration of the Ford being the 2011 "of the year" truck.

So I think it's somewhat pointless to agonize over the silly stuff in this comparison. I think the Dodge leapfrogged Ford and Chevy in quietness and cabin design. It could be that Ford and GM leapfrog the Cummins in power output and fuel economy. Ford's purported fuel economy numbers do seem impressive.

As for the trucks -- Ford and GM might also have more options / configuration combinations than the Dodge. For some people, more option combinations is better. Others, might not matter so much.

As for the powerplants -- The 6.7 Cummins does have 3 years under it's belt and Dodge / Cummins have worked hard to get the software configured properly. I think it's a pretty mature powertrain at this time. You can't say that about the brand new Ford and GM powerplants. They might be fine first year but they might have issues.

For me, improved cabin, quietness, features, cost, value and familiarity of the Dodge makes it superior to the offerings by Ford and GM. I just like the look of the Dodge infinitely more than GM and the Ford, in particular. What is Ford thinking with that front grille? GM is so conservative that "Ho-Hum" has been their mantra for years... As for the drivetrain -- the maturity of the 6.7 Cummins vs. the new powerplants of the others is appealing.

But these rags have to sell -- more rags. If they say they prefer the Dodge in 2011 after giving it the 2010 "of the year" award, then they might sell less rags AND break the unspoken rule of how the "of the year" awards are handed out. It's Ford's "turn" for the "of the year award" and this comparison just provides the groundwork for that.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PatBlu -

Don't forget, Fords numbers are inflated with ridiculously low rear end ratios. 3.31's? Really? How well does that real world? And in the "test" I read they had 80 mile samples on selected roads. I'll reserve my judgment until I see the real world numbers.