4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

What could this be?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 11:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, more drama. Started the truck this morning and no codes. Within 5 minutes I get p0601 and MIL and ETC. clear the code with my OBD scanner and all is fine for 30 mile commute. This afternoon I start the truck to commute home. No code, but it's back within 5 minutes. Clear the code at the freeway on ramp and it's good til I get home.
So far it's fine with sw1, it's fine with recovery (not sure if it'll smog on recovery), but sets a code on stock load. Cold start problem (ambient temp 55 this am and 88 this afternoon)? I did see a freeze frame in my OBD scanner this afternoon but I didn't want to hang out on the onramp too long. Pretty sure I can generate the code at will, so I'll get the parameters in the freeze frame window next time.
Bob, I hope this is helping!
I bought a used XRT Pro in the classified section, so I'll be playing with that, too.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the freeze frame OBD info if anyone thinks that'll help diagnose.
Loaded the XRT Pro mild tune Wed night and commuted Thurs morning with no issues. Got to work and went back to stock while the truck was at operating temp. Started the truck 8 hours later and commuted home with no codes. Commuted Fri morning with no codes. I'm gonna drive it til the emissions monitors are all "RUN" so I can smog the beast and then I'll be ready for the Cali deletes. I am willing to try different loads, unloads, beta loads, whatever I can do to help straighten out this Mads stuff! I have full faith and confidence in Marco, but when is the question...