Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Could Ya

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could Ya

Do you think you could live without a truck. ???<br><br>I know I couldn't. This is the second vehicle I've ever owned and the first was a 82 1/2 ton Cheby that I bought when I started driving.<br><br>I would say that every day my truck get's used as a truck. Weather it's hauling something in the bed pulling trailers, or using the 4x4 to get in and out of slimmy fields. I recently thought of buying a small car to drive to work but when I test drove a friends Toyota I felt very uncomfortable on the road. [undecided] Seemed like everyone is bigger than you when your in a car. So I made a life-long decision today, I will never be without a truck if not 2. <br><br>I was curious if the rest of you felt the same. Could you indeed live without a truck?<br><br>DB<br><br>
Old 12-17-2002, 05:36 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Re:Could Ya

HUH ???<br>Ya mean they still build cars?<br><br>I'm with you, My only &quot;Cage&quot; has been a truck for the last 20 years, and will be 'til they put me in the back for the &quot;last haul&quot;.
Old 12-17-2002, 05:52 AM
Chapter President

Same here for the last 20 years Ive always had a P/U truck and ever since they came out with the 1 tons thats all I'll buy...its just too hard to load alot of crap into the back of a car ;D ;D ;D
Old 12-17-2002, 05:55 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had a pick up truck of some form since 1974 when I bought my first one. Never be without one.
Old 12-17-2002, 07:18 AM

[quote author=Shovelhead link=board=10;threadid=8426;start=0#81274 date=1040124980]<br>HUH ???<br>Ya mean they still build cars?<br><br>I'm with you, My only &quot;Cage&quot; has been a truck for the last 20 years, and will be 'til they put me in the back for the &quot;last haul&quot;.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Hey, just leave instructions that you want the &quot;last haul&quot; to be in the back of your or a good friends CTD. I've heard of stranger requests. This one wouldn't be out of line.<br><br>~Dave
Old 12-17-2002, 07:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First truck was a 68 F350 4x4 when I was 15. Still have for use around the yard. Second truck,85 GMC 3500 4x4 Bought new, still have but am now being pressured by friends that want it to sell, New truck, 97 RAM xc,lb,12v,4x4. Have always had at least 2 trucks in the yard sometimes as many as 5, but I know one thing, I could never be without one. It seems for me and many others its part of our personality, some need them, some just like to have them for the sake of having them,whatever the reason though, there's nothing like the feeling when you pull up somewhere and someone says, WOW NICE TRUCK! ;D
Old 12-17-2002, 12:31 PM

Yup. This will be my first truck. I should have had one years ago. I'm moving up to a truck from the worlds most impractical sportscar, a Toyota MR2. Well, second most, as I have room to carry my own spare tire. It's got five cubic feet of trunk space. What was I thinking!?!? : Now I won't have to share rides or beg trailer/hauling space. I'll be the one everyone else asks to tow stuff. If I pay my own fuel bill to get to a 2003 event, I'm doing something terribly wrong. ;D<br><br>Jean
Old 12-17-2002, 12:36 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

My first truck was a 59' Merc and several other trucks in between. <br>Now you know why my profile says I am 100 yrs old...cuz I am. I was here berfore trucks. I just flip cars now. ;D<br><br>jean, watchout for those rogue sheep boys like Push Rod and Gonzo.<br><br>Lets see the pix of your truck with the MR2 in the bed.
Old 12-17-2002, 01:39 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Now when I die I don't want no coffin,<br>I done thought about this all too often.<br><br> Strap me in that old Ram seat,<br>and bury me in that truck 10'deep.
Old 12-17-2002, 02:12 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

If they can come up with this for a Biker to take his &quot;last ride&quot;<br>http://www.tombstonehearse.com/<br><br>Why not a CTD hearse?
Old 12-17-2002, 07:19 PM

Cars are them little things that fill up all the space between the white lines and make traffic jams, right?<br><br>And that hearse idea - use a 4 x 4 with mudders and enough power and it can dig the hole for ya. And straight piped so no one has to listen to the preacher.<br><br>Seriously, the wife and I both use trucks daily, cars just don't work for us. Too much stuff, or too dirty, or too much dirty stuff (I drag around about 1000 lbs. of tools building stuff, she does a lot of garden stuff). I think girls in trucks look just a little bit better, but I am kind of a redneck.<br><br>Rob
Old 12-17-2002, 07:39 PM

If I did not have my 4x4 truck. <br>I would be stuck.<br><br>f I did not have a cummins.<br>I would be bummin.<br><br>I love my Ram.<br>just ask my cousin Sam.<br><br>man I need a life. lol<br>DM01
Old 12-17-2002, 09:17 PM

Interesting poetry.<br><br>Fortunately for you all, I shan't try<br><br>I know better, cuz my English Teacher made me cry<br><br>and gave me an F, now you know why.<br><br>Seriously, I've had a truck in one form or another since returning from Germany back in 1977. I personally don't feel comfortable in cars. I'm a larger person and I like the feeling of all that metal around me. I know that, heaven forbid, if I get tangled up in a wreck, I'm going to have a better than average chance of surviving. I've been through too many wrecking yards, scrounging for whatever, and seen too many mangled cars that lost the encounter. I drive daily past a Washington State Patrol station with a fenced in area where they store the wrecks and there's more cars than trucks. Thanks, they'll have to pry my steering wheel out of my dead hands before I'll give up a truck.<br><br>~Dave
Old 12-17-2002, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first two vehicle were cars.<br>Old cars, made of real American Steel, probably more metal content than my current truck.<br><br>Have had trucks ever since (5 if I remember correctly).<br><br>I hardly ever haul anything.<br>Have never towed anything (yet).<br><br>Have helped way too many people move.<br>Can't park in covered parking.<br>Can't park in the garage at home.<br>Have pulled a number of cars out of ditches, medians, mud and snow.<br>Have to turn off engine at drivethroughs.<br><br>All thanks to my choice of transportation.<br><br><br>-still-<br><br><br>I'll drive trucks till I can't drive no more.<br><br><br>phox
Old 12-17-2002, 09:52 PM

[quote author=phox_mulder link=board=10;threadid=8426;start=0#81654 date=1040182076]<br>My first two vehicle were cars.<br>Old cars, made of real American Steel, probably more metal content than my current truck.<br><br>Have had trucks ever since (5 if I remember correctly).<br><br>I hardly ever haul anything.<br>Have never towed anything (yet).<br><br>Have helped way too many people move.<br>Can't park in covered parking.<br>Can't park in the garage at home.<br>Have pulled a number of cars out of ditches, medians, mud and snow.<br>Have to turn off engine at drivethroughs.<br><br>All thanks to my choice of transportation.<br><br><br>-still-<br><br><br>I'll drive trucks till I can't drive no more.<br><br><br>phox<br>[/quote]<br><br>And you can't park in the SeaTac (Seattle Tacoma) Airport parking garage either!!!! Just in case the question rose up in your mind.

Quick Reply: Could Ya