4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Doing Delete Today

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Totally agree about the obd port, I've knocked my plug out several times while pushing the clutch in, I am going to put it under the dash too
Old 06-07-2011, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
That is actually New2Diesel's truck, but mine is tapped in the same exact place.

No manifold removal. Angle drill and 30 mins. Done deal. Quick crank and all debris is removed. Done several this way, no issues.

Im holding out for the Isspro factory matched gauges. They are gonna be killer. My stuff is just tapped and waiting.

I know its done that way, I even did my 96 that way but i just like to know there is nothing in there... I am a type "A" LOL

Any pics of them gauges??
Old 06-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Old Mopar Aficionado Extraordinaire

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
That is actually New2Diesel's truck, but mine is tapped in the same exact place.

No manifold removal. Angle drill and 30 mins. Done deal. Quick crank and all debris is removed. Done several this way, no issues.

Im holding out for the Isspro factory matched gauges. They are gonna be killer. My stuff is just tapped and waiting.
I was breakin his

I've done it the same way for years. Never an issue. Most of the chips come out while drilling because the flutes drive them back. You just put grease on the tap.

What ever falls in there will blow right through when you first start it and not big enough top do any harm.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by redlineguy
Any pics of them gauges??
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/4028304-post25.html

Only pic Ive seen of them. They are gonna be offered with the chrome ring too.

Cant wait!
Old 06-07-2011, 04:17 PM

redline, which EGR delete kit did you get so you could run the EGT in that spot? Is that plate already tapped? thanks
Old 06-07-2011, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by djcheez
redline, which EGR delete kit did you get so you could run the EGT in that spot? Is that plate already tapped? thanks

H&S EGR/Cooler delete kit, Still need to drill & tap though but can do it in a bridgeport or a drill press so its pretty easy VS a hand drill.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by redlineguy
H&S EGR/Cooler delete kit, Still need to drill & tap though but can do it in a bridgeport or a drill press so its pretty easy VS a hand drill.
great thanks
Old 07-05-2011, 07:32 AM

Update

So I just got back from a 2 week camping trip. Cant believe the difference in this truck. So glad that I did the deletes. Wife now makes statements about the smell and the noise and it did draw alot of nasty looks while driving through Banff and Lake Louise ( Small touristy mountian towns ) - where the air is clean and mostly small cars on the road - but I didn't give a rats azz. I would hate to think what the fuel bill would have been if the deletes were not done.

Had the truck with the entire family family in it (Me, Wife, 3 Kids )
Box of truck filled with Wood, Generator, Bikes, etc
33' Trailer loaded with gear and water ( Around 6500# )

Averaged around 14.7L Per 100 KM the entire trip on EVIC - Spiked up to 15.9 in the Mountians. Not sure if I should believe this number or not. Converted to MPG that works out to be around 15MPG. Could this be right???? I towed the empty Camper 300K before doing the deletes and the EVIC was showing 28.3 L per 100K which is around 8MPG. Is it possible to get that kind of improvement just by doing the delete? I am still in awe that there was that big of an improvement and im glad that I decided to do the delete. Ran the H&S at 1 level up from stock (Mild i think is the setting)

Anyhow I love the way the truck sounds now and performance is great
Old 07-05-2011, 08:18 AM

Hey recline is your pyro drilled through. The rear blockout for the egr?I f so does it work well?
Old 07-05-2011, 08:26 PM
"Gomer Pyle"

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Good info on the OBD relocation. Being 6'7" with a size 14 boot I am always careful. 1st thing in the morning I am re-locating that thing, I never even thought about doing it.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:33 PM

This looks cool, I want to the same BUT I have a shake when I start out pulling or not. I am nervouse that if I add power teh ******* will put teh blame on me. When you start out is teh truck smooth or does your seat shake?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:11 AM

Smooth

My truck does not shake when starting off - not sure what is going on there for you. I did have a "rattle" from the passenger seat but it turned out to be the seatbelt buckle vibrating off the plastic next to the seat.

Redlineguy - I just got the H&S EGR Delete kit today and was going to take the plate in to get drilled and tapped at the machine shop at work - which plate is the one that needs the pyro installed? The bigger or smaller one? I have not started this job and wanted to get the plate ready before beginning but the instructions don't say which plate goes in the back.

Thanks for the help
S
Old 07-20-2011, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by SknirB
I did have a "rattle" from the passenger seat but it turned out to be the seatbelt buckle vibrating off the plastic next to the seat.
I get this ever time i have a passenger in the truck....so annoying.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by SknirB
My truck does not shake when starting off - not sure what is going on there for you. I did have a "rattle" from the passenger seat but it turned out to be the seatbelt buckle vibrating off the plastic next to the seat.

Redlineguy - I just got the H&S EGR Delete kit today and was going to take the plate in to get drilled and tapped at the machine shop at work - which plate is the one that needs the pyro installed? The bigger or smaller one? I have not started this job and wanted to get the plate ready before beginning but the instructions don't say which plate goes in the back.

Thanks for the help
S

LOL I answered your PM before i saw the thread.

The Bigger one.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by baddodges
Hey recline is your pyro drilled through. The rear blockout for the egr?I f so does it work well?

Works well and that your hottest cylinder too.