4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Doing Delete Today

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doing Delete Today

So I am deleting the DPF from my truck today. Spent the evening last night installing the Blackmaxx in the pod and running all of the wiring for it ( Really like the pod kit - looks good ). Todays jobs will be the Exhaust and the pyro. The kit I bought came with 2 sections of exhaust pipe. 1 from the turbo down and then a straight piece with 2 threaded holes in it for the sensors i guess. Anyone have any words of wisdom when it comes to removing the factory stuff and installing the pyro? Have no idea where I should put the pyro - but from what I read online it should go before the turbo not after it. Going to take some pictures as I go just to have record of what I am doing - If anyone has some pics of the same sort of thing I wouldnt mind seeing them as a picture is worth a thousand words. Will post up some pics when I get this done. Man I wish I was a Mechanic instead of an Electrician
Old 06-06-2011, 09:22 AM

This is where I put mine, Was easy and picks up the #6 whitch is the hotest also.
Hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails Doing Delete Today-lift51.jpg   Doing Delete Today-lift50.jpg  
Old 06-06-2011, 09:30 AM

OH yeah get a pic of the Pod mount up.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:03 AM

Tuner Pod Pics

Here are a few shots of the tuner and pod. Thanks for the reply redline but Im guessing that spot where you have your pyro is after doing the EGR delete? I will be doing the EGR delete in a week or so once the kit arrives - hopefully I can run without installing the pyro for now or is that a bad idea?

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-06-2011, 10:41 AM

For tips on the exhaust you are going to have to drop transmission bracket alot to get the downpipe out if you dont cut it up. It took a little playing but took me longer to get the downpipe out then anything else.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:34 AM

Yes thast after the EGR delete and Yes you can run without the EGT, Mine only hit 1074 on a long pull up hill empty on the wild setting so you should be fine if you don't beat on it on the HOT setting.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by bdewey
For tips on the exhaust you are going to have to drop transmission bracket alot to get the downpipe out if you dont cut it up. It took a little playing but took me longer to get the downpipe out then anything else.

Ya can do it without dropping the transmission crossmember but it is very tight. Had the piece out to do the lift the first time.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:04 PM

Got it all in - bit of a pain in the getting the pipe out. Ended up dropping the trans bracket to get it out. Will post pics once Im all done and hopefully some info that might help the next guy to do this - waiting for the programming to finish

Thanks for the tips.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:39 PM

Just wondering where you got the pillar pod, can't seem to find any for '10-'11's Wonder if it will work with my mini maxx. I really like the Look of that, its alot better than hanging from the windshield
Old 06-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
SkinrB

Sorry, always a day late and a dollar short with answers lately...

Two most common options for pyro placement is just like RLG has it or in the manifold collector.

BTW the mount for the BM looks really good.

Name:  DSCN0837.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  90.2 KB
Old 06-07-2011, 12:42 AM
Old Mopar Aficionado Extraordinaire

Originally Posted by Blake Clark
SkinrB

Sorry, always a day late and a dollar short with answers lately...

Two most common options for pyro placement is just like RLG has it or in the manifold collector.

BTW the mount for the BM looks really good.

And I bet you removed the turbo to mount it there. . . .

I've installed a Pyro in the last 4 trucks. The collector is the best place to install it
Old 06-07-2011, 05:02 AM

I like mine, Nice and clean and no chips inside. I took the manifold off my 04 to do it so no chips got inside but this was much eaiser. Pluse like I said it picks up the hotest cylender, close too... very safe IMO.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by ARTL
Just wondering where you got the pillar pod, can't seem to find any for '10-'11's Wonder if it will work with my mini maxx. I really like the Look of that, its alot better than hanging from the windshield
The pillar mount is from H&S ( Bought it from NADP in Edmonton ) and here is the SKU from H&S

2010-2011 Dodge 6.7 Custom Pillar Mount
SKU: 609002

You will also need a pod adapter kit for the mini ( comes with the blackmax)

Mini Maxx Pod Adapter for Dodge, Ford, GM
SKU: 30420

Any parts place that sells H&S should be able to get that for you - or you can order direct from H&S

Hope that helps
S
Old 06-07-2011, 05:49 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
That is actually New2Diesel's truck, but mine is tapped in the same exact place.

No manifold removal. Angle drill and 30 mins. Done deal. Quick crank and all debris is removed. Done several this way, no issues.

Im holding out for the Isspro factory matched gauges. They are gonna be killer. My stuff is just tapped and waiting.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:55 AM

Learnings....

Ok, so after doing the Blackmaxx install and the DPF delete here are some things i have learned that may or may not help the next guy :

1. On the pillar pod mount instructions they tell you to either cut a hole in your factory pillar behind the pod or cut a hole in the new pod to feed the wires through - you dont have to do that. Didnt like the thought of cutting my factory pillar and didnt want to have exposed wiring on the new pod. Pod and wire will tuck in nicely if you just "pursuade" it to do so.

2.When you go underneath the truck to remove the sections of pipe when just installing the DPF delete pipes ( I got 2 sections in my kit ) start by removing all of the electrical connections for the probes. The probes are a pain to remove but with a small torch to apply heat and some liquid wrench they should come out fine. Remember that there is a probe between the downpipe cat and the turbo which is hard to get but not impossible. It might be easier to just remove the exhaust from the truck and then work on getting the probes out after. There are two types of electrical plugs under there - for the two big probes they just seperate when you push in the tab. For the smaller probes there is a little red tab that you have to "unlock" first before trying to pull apart

3. Although it may be possible to remove the downpipe without unbolting the tran support I tried for an hour to wiggle it out before i gave up. Much easier to support the tran with a jack and lower it just enough to give you room - and you only need to remove the 4 big bolts and 2 little ones to do so - much easier

3. When removing the old exhaust pay attention to where you stick your hands. If you put your hand inside the pipe while removing it do not rub your face after - unless your missus likes it when you have soot all over your face lol

4. The OBI port is directly below the steering wheel and with the tuner end plugged into it I didn't like how it stuck out - I could see a foot taking it out in the future so I unclipped it from the dash piece and mounted it up underneath with some tie wraps. If I ever take the truck back to a dealer I will have to tell them to look up underneath for the port but oh well better than beating it up.

If I remember any more tips I will post again - time to get to work

Cheers
S

Quick Reply: Doing Delete Today