4th Gen High Performance and Accessories 2010 and Up Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for fourth generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Carli leveling kit install tips

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carli leveling kit install tips

Just got my new Carli leveling kit, planning on trying the install this weekend, looking for tips and advice, never done a level kit with the spring coils before. Carli support said support and raise frame, let axle hang till it is free, then undo track bar and take coils and shocks out and put new ones in. then install new track bar and sway bar end links, put pressure on track bar and tighten, also no special tools are required. Hope this goes smoothly, planning on monday taking it to get new 315's and add a extra leaf in the rear. Any feedback would be appreciated thanks and happy holidays.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Only thing I see there that I would do differently is don't let the axle completely hang free off the ground then unhook track bar, there will be force on.

What I did and worked well was start lifting the frame and when you have the tires just about to come off the ground but still on, then unhook the track bar. The axle won't move on you and the bolt is easy to pull out, then continue raising until you can get the springs out. Hope this helps
Old 12-02-2011, 10:47 PM

Is this the full spring/shock kit or just the level spacers?
Old 12-02-2011, 10:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Carli kit has springs, 5100 shocks and end links.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:06 PM

This is the new springs, new shocks and sway bar links kit plus the track bar... after I unhook track bar is it really that simple as drop axle down and u can pull the old springs out and unbolt the shocks, then put new ones in? Seems almost to good to b true, lol. Thanks to this forum otherwise probably would have got spacers great advice from good friends
Old 12-02-2011, 11:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One thing that should help. Unbolt the track bar on the frame side. This will allow the front axle to droop out more so you can get the coils out/in easier.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by easymoney21
This is the new springs, new shocks and sway bar links kit plus the track bar... after I unhook track bar is it really that simple as drop axle down and u can pull the old springs out and unbolt the shocks, then put new ones in? Seems almost to good to b true, lol. Thanks to this forum otherwise probably would have got spacers great advice from good friends
Don't forget to unhook swaybar too. And I found that I couldn't droop the axle enough without taking the tires off (had jack stands at max height under frame) and pushing/pulling a lot, it was quite a PITA
Old 12-03-2011, 08:14 PM

Ok ok, been trying to put kit on, old coils where 19" tall, new ones are 25" tall, I couldn't get the truck high enough so i had to use a compressor to get them down to 22" tall so i could get them in. Now trying to get shocks in, Bottom bolt would be a lot easier if i took steering components loose, but hate to do it. Way things are going its going to be a long weekend. lol
Old 12-03-2011, 08:33 PM

Ok ok, been trying to put kit on, old coils where 19" tall, new ones are 25" tall, I couldn't get the truck high enough so i had to use a compressor to get them down to 22" tall so i could get them in. Now trying to get shocks in, Bottom bolt would be a lot easier if i took steering components loose, but hate to do it. Way things are going its going to be a long weekend. lol
Good luck, this turned into an all day project for me, lots of banged knuckles and bonked my head on just about every part of the truck.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:55 PM

I am hoping the track bar and the swaybar end links install go smoother tomorrow. When I called carli on friday they gave me a brief summary of what to do, they must have only gave the highlights, when i did my own install of the full H &S delete they had a awesome step by step with pictures. Told of what things to look out for, was really nice.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:02 PM

Got it done finally, what I learned; needed coil spring compressor, more then one person to do install. Biggest fights where getting axle side of trac bar in, Bottom shock on passenger side was a pain to get line up unless you took steering components loose. Easy parts where the sway bar link extensions. also take brake line mounts loose and vent tube mount so you dont stress them dropping the axle down. Now to add a spring on the back and to get the new tires and rims on. Thanks for all the help.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:10 AM

when i put my Carli Coils in, I unbolted the lower control arms as well as the above mentioned parts , it made it way easier to get enough room/play to stuff the new coils in with out compressors
Old 12-05-2011, 10:13 AM

lets see some finish photos, I am trying to decide on the leveling kit or starter kit. I am looking at improving my ride as much as lifting truck.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:36 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Got it done finally, what I learned; needed coil spring compressor, ....
Wouldn't recommend it. That's what I did, had the brake lines stretched to the max and the axle on the floor- still not enough to get the springs out let alone get 'em back in with the spacers so I rented a spring compressor from O'reily. Dang thing came loose on me twice and just about took my hand half-way off at the wrist. It still hurts.... (should take pictures, all black and blue even after a week). Good thing I was wearing leather gloves- but they're ruined now.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:17 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks for the tips! UPS man dropped all my carli stuff off yesterday. I'm lowering from 6" to 3"+ w/deavers in the rear. So siked to get this stuff on and get rid of the SKYJUNKER stuff!!!! After a few years, truck is about 100% of where I want it to be.

Quick Reply: Carli leveling kit install tips