4500 / 5500 - Chassis Cab Trucks Talk about your commercial trucks here. We realize there are differences with these compared to the regular pickups, so we have provided a place to discuss the commercial versions only.

Traveling with a Chassis Cab flat bed truck.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Spudder
I am quite familiar with the requirements of my home state as well as most others. I figured that since you are making statements from a position of knowledge that you would be able to name at least one state.

Please refrain from your spouting of misinformation.
So if you can please answer my question or refrain from spewing your garbage information.
I will request that you at least TRY to give the impression that you're capable of a respectful and civil reply, without the attitude, or I'll have to shut this thread down.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is not true about the 6500lbs and length never dictates whether or not you need a CDL.
Umm, I just got the info from the link it appeared that you didn't see it. If you know the info for every state why not cite the info that Colo_Rvr_ram could see that maybe he was wrong instead of playing games and being a jerk?
Old 01-31-2011, 08:40 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Purplezr2
Umm, I just got the info from the link it appeared that you didn't see it. If you know the info for every state why not cite the info that Colo_Rvr_ram could see that maybe he was wrong instead of playing games and being a jerk?
Those types of websites are notoriously full of bad and or old info.

Here is the Colorado CDL manual.

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite...&ssbinary=true

It makes no mention of needing a CDL for a vehicle over 6500 lbs or trailer over 10k unless the combination is over 26k. That matches the federal standard.

I can post the same for every other state if you would like but I think it would be easier to just post the state(s) that needs a CDL for trailer over 10k since it is few.

ps I realize this is true for one state but it is implied there are more.