3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Wish list for 05

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Wish list for 05

I love this 04 and so far can't really think of anything major to change. Although I do like the idea someone had about the switches for increased horsepower or 75% better mileage.

So, I thought I'd ask what you'all would like to add in 05? To start off the list, I'd add the following creature comforts:

- memory seats (at least as an option). I hate having to find the seat position after someone else drove the truck.

- larger seats for bigger buns. I'm not, but if I was 6'3" and 240 pounds I think these seats would be way too small.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:18 PM
VPI

How about a true crew cab, and a sun roof option.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:53 PM
Banned

I think that would be great, maybe not as big as the Ford, but bigger then what they have now.
I would also like to see more options reguarding seats, how about some captains chairs?
Put the wheel well liners in as an option if you must, but make it available.
I'm also for a n up-dated dash treatment, this one now is old and dated looking, and cheaper looking then that of the former seires. Maybe something on the line of the new F-150, but Dodge.
Also, how about an OFF-ROAD package. I would like it to include a limited slip differential, about a 1-2" higher platform (just instal anew front spring,or spacer), true off-road tires that are noticable larger with a package spcefic wheel. A high quality shock package and skid plates for the fuel tank and transfer case. They shoul also come-up with a distect and new looking graphics for the sides and rear of the truck. I would love to see them offer an electric lockable rear diff, and maybe one for the front. In there Jeep lines they offer the Rubicone, we could be the Ramicone's.
For lights they need to look elsewere, Dodge has to have the poorest lights out there, we don't need HID, but get something that works.
Also, why not have a DVD player as an option?
Old 01-04-2004, 04:23 PM

Smile My only wishes.

Standard wheel well liners,plugs in the rocker panels,instead of tape.A scan button on the basic am/fm radio.coobie
Old 01-04-2004, 05:45 PM

Originally posted by y-knot
I would also like to see more options reguarding seats, how about some captains chairs?
Aren't heated seats only available with leather? How about making it a separate option so they're available with either cloths?

Choice of guages? But if DC is going to offer something that you can get aftermarket that's cheaper with better quality, forget it.
Old 01-04-2004, 06:49 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Great topic! I agree with most everything already posted.

Lack of a full size crew cab nearly sent me to another brand (but the Cummins sent me back).

I was also blown away by stuff that didn't come standard on a truck with a MSRP over $40K! Rear wheel liners have to be ordered through parts department? Now apparently optional power cord for the engine heater? Insane! No rear floor mat, and the "color matched" one you get from the parts department isn't even close.

How about a tailpipe long enough not to leave soot on the corner of the truck?

An under hood light was not even an option on the 03. (I understand it is now optional on 04, anyone know a part number and if it will install on an 03?)

Air conditioned seat option would be next on my list, and how about a hood blanket? MP3 playing stereo with decent amp, rear speakers in corners of cab?

There is a complete lack of debris protection for a section of the radiators above the bumper and below the grille, between the tow hooks. I already have a couple of rock smashed fins, fortunate not to have a leak. I need to come up with some sort of guard, but want to retain the stock look. (If you have built something or know of a product, let me know). This is a weakness that I think should be addressed.

Lastly, I would LOVE to see a truck that could be ordered directly from the factory ready to tow 5th wheels and goose necks! Perhaps it could be a tow group 2, which would include hitches that leave a flat bed when removed. If done by the factory, the hitch cross members could be integrated into the frame.

Of course, the package would include a second trailer plug under the bed rail, and factory installed Jacob. A brake controller could be integrated into the top half of the plastic steering column cover, with adjustments and display where they are handy, and a hand activation lever. It would activate trailer brakes in proportion to pedal pressure, eliminating the shortfalls of electronic or intertia brake controllers.

Anything I missed?

Oh, yeah... Something to take the guess work out of turbo cool down. I would prefer a guage, but could even live with an idiot light. Something could come on when the parking brake is set, like a green "OK to shut down" or a red "wait for turbo cooldown".

P.S. The above turned out sounding more negative than I planned. I love the truck. Great engine. Great drivetrain. Great cab layout. Looks good. Just a few things I would change if I were King of Dodge for a day...
Old 01-04-2004, 08:13 PM
Banned

I'd like for DC to take the F250 Chassis and use the Cummins driveline. They can change the badges to Dodge if they want. Build an F250 and see what sort of options you can add. Quite a few. And IMO a better looking truck. Ditch the 17" wheels so tires aren't so ridiculous to find.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:38 PM

Cool

OK lets add optional suspensions, possibly an air ride system. or maybe a T-Rex off road system. Then we need performance option packages that allow outfitting the truck with approved aftermarket bombs covered by DC warranty. Last but not least we need Free tickets to our favourite NASCAR events as a thow in at purchase.
Old 01-04-2004, 10:27 PM

Talking

i want an 05" chevy crewcab ( a true crewcab ), fully loaded, with a cummins ........ hey that what im asking santa for next year ( no flaming, its my wish list ).....

later guys, scott
Old 01-04-2004, 10:41 PM

Originally posted by spots
I'd like for DC to take the F250 Chassis and use the Cummins driveline. They can change the badges to Dodge if they want. Build an F250 and see what sort of options you can add. Quite a few. And IMO a better looking truck. Ditch the 17" wheels so tires aren't so ridiculous to find.
YES! This should go to 19.5's so we can get Load range H!
Old 01-04-2004, 11:12 PM

I want all to come with a air-locker front and rear like my Rubicon. And while were at it a couple hundred more hp. Other than that perfection

Also...no packages only individual options...just like the good old days.
Old 01-06-2004, 01:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want

Air Horns
Variable High Idle control
Traction bars