3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

What have/would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
id be pretty ticked if that was me i would want a new truck or a different one. Think about, its got 300 miles on it the frame is dented and scratched up makes ya think about what else could have happened to the truck plus sense its rusting wouldnt make me happy. you need to find out if it had ever been sold before. like the dealer could have used that truck and who knows. i know they arent going to take it back but i would try like hell most dealers wont id just do what you can other wize your going to have to forget about all of it i would see about getting at least some money off the price sense you bought a new truck not a used one with damage
Old 05-23-2006, 05:04 PM

Found out a little new information today that leads me to believe someone somewhere knew it was damaged. The Service Manager at the dealer I got it in from tracked where this truck had been. It was traded between dealers 3 times. It was never sold but none of them knew anything about any damage. Why would they have been to a total of 4 different dealers and no one bought it? I ended up with the dealer that did not let their service department do a thorough inspection. I suppose this explains why they could not produce a window sticker.

Carl
Old 05-23-2006, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by carl20320
UPDATE - The dealer is going to have it repaired by what they are calling a "factory authorized body shop" (not sure what that means) and they are going to throw in a Line-X bed liner.
I'd be plenty happy with that. You wont even be able to tell that the truck has been damaged AND you have a $400 bedliner installed for free! If it were mine i would be a little mad that it had a rusty scratch on it with only 300 miles. But hey, if you didnt notice the dent, then maybe they didnt either. I dont think you can ask for much more from your dealer. You came out smellin like a rose! Dont worry, if you use your truck at all it wont be long before YOU put a dent in it some where
Old 05-23-2006, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Teddy Bear
I'd be plenty happy with that. You wont even be able to tell that the truck has been damaged AND you have a $400 bedliner installed for free! If it were mine i would be a little mad that it had a rusty scratch on it with only 300 miles. But hey, if you didnt notice the dent, then maybe they didnt either. I dont think you can ask for much more from your dealer. You came out smellin like a rose! Dont worry, if you use your truck at all it wont be long before YOU put a dent in it some where
That is pretty much where I am at. IT will not be long before I start hauling wood/building materials, etc. on our property. At least the inside of the bed will not get banged up too bad.

Also had an interesting discussion with the SM this afternoon. He came to pick me up from work so I could get my truck. We started talking about aftermarket add-ons. He started talking about his cold air intake and how he wants to put a box on his and his dad's truck. I inquired about this voiding the warranty and he kind of looked away and said technically yes but he is not the warranty police. He did not see how just a little box should void any warranty. I asked him about pressure boxes, in particular. He seemed kind of surprised that I knew about that. His response, not an issue but if you put a timing/duration bos on that you better put gauges on cause if you mess things up without gauges, he cannot cover it. He is also planning on turning his kitty loose as well. I think service here just might be OK. Of course, this is strictly at his stance. Your mileage may vary.

Oh yeah, I also get the "hard start" flash even though that was not an issue. They did it as a courtesy but informed me they cannot do reflashes just because I read about them. They actually have to apply. I think with the Auto shifting improvement and Battery charging enhancement, this one did.

Carl
Old 05-24-2006, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by carl20320
That is pretty much where I am at. IT will not be long before I start hauling wood/building materials, etc. on our property. At least the inside of the bed will not get banged up too bad.

Also had an interesting discussion with the SM this afternoon. He came to pick me up from work so I could get my truck. We started talking about aftermarket add-ons. He started talking about his cold air intake and how he wants to put a box on his and his dad's truck. I inquired about this voiding the warranty and he kind of looked away and said technically yes but he is not the warranty police. He did not see how just a little box should void any warranty. I asked him about pressure boxes, in particular. He seemed kind of surprised that I knew about that. His response, not an issue but if you put a timing/duration bos on that you better put gauges on cause if you mess things up without gauges, he cannot cover it. He is also planning on turning his kitty loose as well. I think service here just might be OK. Of course, this is strictly at his stance. Your mileage may vary.

Oh yeah, I also get the "hard start" flash even though that was not an issue. They did it as a courtesy but informed me they cannot do reflashes just because I read about them. They actually have to apply. I think with the Auto shifting improvement and Battery charging enhancement, this one did.

Carl
The Line-x is a good deal, but I would want lifetime oil changes too or at least a years worth. That would make me happy.

I bought my truck new with 1700mi on it. Should it have been sold as new? I think they used it as a loner and salesman took it to little towns areound here to get paperwork from people. Plus it was an 04' new when the 05's had just come out.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:16 AM

Carl, I think that you are getting a fair resolution to your problem. A Line-X bedliner will probably cost around $500 plus they are having your truck fixed. This is the reason why I did not sign any papers for my '04 until I had thoroughly inspected it. The salesman even got ticked off at me when I pointed out some scratches and a small dent that were not on the truck when I previously looked at it. I told him that I was not going to sign any papers until this was corrected.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:49 AM

It is not odd for a truck to move around to two or three different dealers before being sold, sometimes more. Happens all the time.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:39 PM

Mad??You bet.

You got my sympathy on ya new truck being bent,but..........alot of them are this way from the way they get hauled on the trailer.I found this out from the body shop guys at a Ford dealer when my almost new F-250 got wrecked(I let Bud drive,Bud light that is..........)My frame was slightly bent and I thought it should be totalled,they said new trucks on the lot have worse frame damage than this from the car hauler,and they are fine.Mine never rode the same again so I traded it for my first Dodge Cummins.Stay on 'em and good luck.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by saddle72
You got my sympathy on ya new truck being bent,but..........alot of them are this way from the way they get hauled on the trailer.I found this out from the body shop guys at a Ford dealer when my almost new F-250 got wrecked(I let Bud drive,Bud light that is..........)My frame was slightly bent and I thought it should be totalled,they said new trucks on the lot have worse frame damage than this from the car hauler,and they are fine.Mine never rode the same again so I traded it for my first Dodge Cummins.Stay on 'em and good luck.
Worse damage than a bent frame from the hauler? How do these guys drive? I've heard stories of people ragging new cars while taking them off the hauler, but frame damage. Thats unacceptable. How can they say a truck with a bent frame drives fine? Some people...