3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Traded my new '04.5 in for a newer 04.5

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 10:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Traded my new '04.5 in for a newer 04.5

No, I'm not joking. I had a 2500 quadcab SLT shortbed 4X4, and I was up in KY on vacation. I stopped by the local dodge dealership to get my first oil change, and the service dept was closed. (It was on Saturday) I got to looking around at what they had, and I ended up trading mine in. It had 2600 miles on it. I didn't get taken as bad as you might think-they did me right on my trade in, and there were more rebates on the one I bought than when I bought the first one. The new one: 04.5 3500 quadcab SLT longbed 4X4 auto dually. The dealership had put exhaust stacks on it, along with an EGT gauge and a boost gauge. All this was done while it was still new, before I had even seen it. Helluva cool dealership-too bad they're 500 miles from home. It sounds BAD with the stacks on it! Something about a dually, people tend to move out of the way a little quicker. I don't tailgate-hell, I don't have to! I can see the top of the stacks in the mirrors, and if I smack it, I can see the puff of smoke come out. It's hard not to do that just for the hell of it. Anyway, I loved my 2500, but this is just more my style. Whoever gets my old truck is getting a GOOD one-no 70 mph vibration whatsoever. The dually has it a little, but not very bad.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is cool! I think the dually really look great! I like the looks of them better than the SRW. I guess that's why I also got the dually!

How about some pictures! Duallys with stacks are really sharp. I really like Gypsyman's truck! Richard's truck is awesome!

Too bad I need the canopy on the Ghost Rider!
Old 11-15-2004, 02:17 AM

Here is a shot from the back!
Old 11-15-2004, 04:29 AM

Dealer put stacks on?????? Sounds fishy to me!! I agree duallies with stacks are cool but I would bet that someone traded it in because of the vibration and the dealer was playing you. How many miles on it? By the way, I'd take that deal too if I found it.....
Old 11-15-2004, 08:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bunch of miles-a little over 600. I asked about it, and they said that everyone wanted to test drive that truck because of the stacks. That made sense to me then.

You have me wondering though. How might I go about finding out? I bet I could do a search on the vin, but I have no idea where. I will say this though-the truck had a window sticker. I suppose that doesn't prove anything, since if it was used, the original owner could have kept it. (I did on my 2500)

If it matters, the dealership is owned by a guy who owns practically all the dealerships in that town, and some out of that town. I'd be surprised if they'd be willing to risk the kind of legal trouble they could get in to save a few thousand dollars on a truck that had been turned in.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:55 AM

I dont know in which state this trade took place, but if the laws are anything like the ones here in Texas, the Title has to show if it is new or used. To alter a Title here is a felony! Mine had a little over 300 miles on it when I purchased it new, it had been driven in on a swap out from another dealer.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:39 PM

I bet your talking about Bob Allen. I know the guy who installs the aftermarket stuff on the new trucks there. He is a great guy and he does excellent work. There is nothing fishy about it, these are NOT used vehicles, the dealer just saw a way to make (some ) of his trucks stand out from other dealerships trucks by adding things that many people add after the purchase, so kudos to him because it makes everyone happy in the end. What color is your truck, I may have looked at it myself. Trust me, he sells a lot of trucks and I know they do a lot of things with their new vehicles like take them to truck pulls, NOT TO COMPETE but just so others can look at it. 600 miles doesn't surprise me considering...I would be shocked if he were not telling you the truth about the miles....
Old 11-15-2004, 02:46 PM

Originally posted by v8440

You have me wondering though. How might I go about finding out? I bet I could do a search on the vin, but I have no idea where. .
Go to carfax.com and put in your vin# it will show you all of the ownership history. If it has never been mso'd then it should show you as the original owner. If a title has been issued for another owner, it will show that as well
Old 11-15-2004, 08:04 PM

I wish we had some dealers like that out here.
v8440, the only thing that matters is that you're happy with it! With only 600 miles I would consider that new. Maybe the shop was a few miles away or they just had lots of people test driving the truck. I can tell you that if I saw that on a dealers lot I'd be stopping for a test drive too....

It's time to change that signature too!!