3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Toyo open country AT's???

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyo open country AT's???

anyone running them, im thinkin of doin some 285/70/17s on mine. post some pics if u got'em and where & how much?
Old 01-26-2007, 12:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have um and have been pleased. They offer far better traction than the stock BFG's. They are wearing better @ 28,000 mi. and most definately look better. I don't remember what I paid but I think it was around $200.00 ea. incl, m&b.
Joe
Old 01-26-2007, 12:59 PM

No offence meant here...

But, I have been looking for tires and I did look at those because I like the looks of them and the tread pattern. Then I thought about this...do I want a tire on my truck with a name missing just two letters that would make it TOYOTA? My answer is NO.

Actually TOYO AT is just too close to TOYOTA, for me anyway.

They do look like a good tire though.

Here's a link to a good price on them. TIRES EASY, TOYO AT
Old 01-26-2007, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ram1999
No offence meant here...

But, I have been looking for tires and I did look at those because I like the looks of them and the tread pattern. Then I thought about this...do I want a tire on my truck with a name missing just two letters that would make it TOYOTA? My answer is NO.

Actually TOYO AT is just too close to TOYOTA, for me anyway.

They do look like a good tire though.

That's funny
Old 01-26-2007, 01:30 PM

Ram1999, they got good prices on that site.... do u know what the PR #'s mean thats after the tires size... some say 6PR, 8PR, or 10PR????
Old 01-26-2007, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ram1999
You can get the same price at tiredeals4less.com and they also carry the E load rated tire for only a little more.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by CTDowerTN
Ram1999, they got good prices on that site.... do u know what the PR #'s mean thats after the tires size... some say 6PR, 8PR, or 10PR????
I think that is the sidewall Ply rating, as in number of.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:49 PM

I am on my second set of them, and really like them, I dont know what they are like in the mud, but in the snow they are incredible. Seem to wear good, and hold up to heavy loads, I have the d load ones, pull my 13k 5th wheel, which has a pin weight of 2300lbs, no problem

Kevin
Old 01-26-2007, 01:57 PM

The prices arent so great when you check the shipping

Im going with some Open Country AT 325/70/17s from a local guy that hooked it up for $230ea, I havent seen anyone locally for less than $260-280, even the ripoffs at NTB wanted $320ea, LOL! Screw that.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:00 PM

it still is way cheaper then any place here that sells tires..lol... it was $90 shipping on a set. then i pay $10 a tire to mount & balance them... i've thought about the Cooper ST's too in a 275/70/17 on there...
Old 01-26-2007, 03:27 PM

it still is way cheaper then any place here that sells tires..lol... it was $90 shipping on a set. then i pay $10 a tire to mount & balance them... i've thought about the Cooper ST's too in a 275/70/17 on there...
DANG! The 325/70/17s are $71ea to ship, vs the 285s being $21ea to ship, talk about not using some vasiline
The 325s arent more than two times as heavy as the 285s....
Old 01-26-2007, 09:36 PM

anyone running them, im thinkin of doin some 285/70/17s on mine. post some pics if u got'em and where & how much?
I just bought some yesterday at Gateway Tire in Manchester, TN. Gateway also has a tire shop in Murfreesboro. Actually they have tire shops all over. What part of TN are you in? Here's the rundown on what they cost:

Toyo AT 285/70/17: $211.95
balancing: $32.00
valve stems: $8.00
Tennessee tire act of 1991: $4.00
Environemental fee: $8.00
state sales tax: $80.99 (ouch!)

total: $980.79

They also came with lifetime free rotations and balancing every oil change.

I would get them done in Murfreesboro though if I were you. The guys in Manchester were nice enough but when I got up this morning my right front was flat. I had to run up to the 'boro anyways so I just aired it up did my business up there then stopped by the tire shop there to get the leak fixed. I knew what it was. Just a leaky valve stem. They fixed it for nothing and also filled my tires with nitrogen for free. Manchester didnt have any nitrogen otherwise I would have been charged for that on install.

Now, it's possible you can get them cheaper on the net but you have to factor in mounting and balancing costs. Plus, no-one is going to give you free rotations and balancing for the life of the tire if you dont buy tires in their shop.

The thing I really like about this tire aside from the look is that it's just as quiet as the factory 265s I took off. Mileage dropped about 1mpg but thats no biggie imo. As far as pics go I would but I don't have my truck looking as I see it in my dreams at night just yet so it'll be a few weeks, stay tuned

I have a question for some of you guys who've had these tires for a while. What pressure do you run them at on highway use?
Old 01-27-2007, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by DiEseLjunKy
I just bought some yesterday at Gateway Tire in Manchester, TN. Gateway also has a tire shop in Murfreesboro. Actually they have tire shops all over. What part of TN are you in? Here's the rundown on what they cost:

Toyo AT 285/70/17: $211.95
balancing: $32.00
valve stems: $8.00
Tennessee tire act of 1991: $4.00
Environemental fee: $8.00
state sales tax: $80.99 (ouch!)

total: $980.79

They also came with lifetime free rotations and balancing every oil change.

I would get them done in Murfreesboro though if I were you. The guys in Manchester were nice enough but when I got up this morning my right front was flat. I had to run up to the 'boro anyways so I just aired it up did my business up there then stopped by the tire shop there to get the leak fixed. I knew what it was. Just a leaky valve stem. They fixed it for nothing and also filled my tires with nitrogen for free. Manchester didnt have any nitrogen otherwise I would have been charged for that on install.

Now, it's possible you can get them cheaper on the net but you have to factor in mounting and balancing costs. Plus, no-one is going to give you free rotations and balancing for the life of the tire if you dont buy tires in their shop.

The thing I really like about this tire aside from the look is that it's just as quiet as the factory 265s I took off. Mileage dropped about 1mpg but thats no biggie imo. As far as pics go I would but I don't have my truck looking as I see it in my dreams at night just yet so it'll be a few weeks, stay tuned

I have a question for some of you guys who've had these tires for a while. What pressure do you run them at on highway use?

Mine were cheaper over the net: www.tiredealsforless.com The shiping to Canada cost as much as the tires though. VikingDiesel was kind enough to pick them up a ship me a set of 5 load range "E". Load range "D" are only available here and would have cost me $2300 CAD for five - it was still cheaper to buy from tiredeals and get them shipped, plus I got "E" rated.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:30 AM

I'm sure there are cheaper tires to be found but I think there is some value in free balancing/rotation every 5K on a tires rated to last 60K miles. I have read a lot of good reviews from users about the tread lasting on these tires too. For me that was important.

Are you positive we're talking about the same tire though? You have any sidewall pics so we can know for sure? I was told they didn't make this tire in an E rating.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:54 AM

I live in Jonesborough, TN its next to bristol.. iam about 4 1/2 hrs away from murphysboro....

Quick Reply: Toyo open country AT's???