3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Taken with a grain of salt but interesting reading...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 05:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Taken with a grain of salt but interesting reading...

Go to this site, it may be a little dated but very intersting reading.

Tank it wiuth a gain of salt:
http://www.daimlerchryslervehicleproblems.com/

Old 09-22-2006, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read most of it.some truth,like about engines sludging(other manufactures have had same issues) and ball joints(Dakotas/Durangos) but some of the stuff like the rack and pinion units just happen.When I worked in a D.C.dealer saw a LOT less rack failures then on G.M. and some imports by far. Some of the stuff written could apply to many moderate to higher mileage autos by a number of manufactures.Just how I saw it after reading.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I have been driving Durango's for about 5 years as a work truck. Have had a couple. Balljoints do wear out over time but most of our fleet got up to around 80,000 miles before they needed to be replaced. It was very easy to tell when you were driving them when they needed to be replaced. First sign was a poping noise while turning onto an uneven road. We are still driving these trucks. Just put a new belt on the thing at 130,000 miles. I tell ya they have been perty good trucks and we drive the crap out of them. We are getting up to around 150,000 miles. Have had no major issues except one. The guy went 12,000 miles on an oil change and ran it about 4 qts low on oil. Bye Bye motor.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This guy has a grudge against DC for whatever reason. Some of the facts are false, like the LX platform drift issue. It's resolved with a cradle shift. And the factory had the fix in late '04.
And facts don't lie, some of the safest vehicles on the road is coming from DC.

MikeyB
Old 09-23-2006, 10:05 AM

I do know that on the 89?? Dakotas there was a huge problem with the rack and pinion sterring components being ripped out of their mounting locations.. We had a fleet of them (about 30) and they all needed to be upgraded due to loose steering and wnadering.. I remember talking to the mechanic about it and at that time he said that DC had a service bulliten and they had to replace all of them and add a thiker bracket or something..

Gerry
Old 09-23-2006, 12:12 PM
HOV

Whenever you see a conspiracy theory website that is writeen with large blocks of verbiage with very little use of paragraphs, think "paranoid delusional." I don't know what it is about that illness that makes people write like that, but most conspiracy theory websites out there are written in that way.

It's kind of like "scam grammar". You can always spot a scammer because of weak English skills. The paranoid delusional gang always has pretty good grammar, but crams a million words into a paragraph.