3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

New order shipment crazyness!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New order shipment crazyness!

Just got off the phone with Dodge customer care to check on my no status order. The good news is that it is now in D Status. The bad news is DCX's madness. What I mean by this is as follows. I asked the rep to confirm it was being built in St Louis, MO so I could get an idea about how long the shipment would take. Well he then says it is showing it will built in St Louis then shipped to Veracruz then to Baltimore. I then asked him if he was talking Veracruz, MX, and his reply to me was a question asking if there was a Veracruz, MD. I told him I'd never head of it here. Then he put me on hold and came back to tell me, it will go from St Louis to Veracruz, MX by rail then from there by ship to the Port of Baltimore. What kind of madness is this? It's going to have to go thru customs twice to get here. Atleast I'll get a VIN soon.

Old 09-19-2003, 11:12 AM

Re:New order shipment crazyness!

???

My understanding is that ALL diesels are built in Mexico!

Rene
Old 09-19-2003, 11:35 AM

Gadgets,

Some are still built here in the States. My understanding is that the St Louis has a much smaller capacity and may also be used for QC and testing. I could be wrong on the QC and testing but I do know that they, Dodge, still builds some here in the States which really makes me happy.

Old 09-19-2003, 12:15 PM

[quote author=gadgets link=board=17;threadid=19855;start=0#msg186821 date=1063987928]
???

My understanding is that ALL diesels are built in Mexico!

Rene
[/quote]

Feel fortunate you're not thinking about an Hummer H2. They're going to built in Kalingrad, Russia along with Kia...and BMW : ...
Old 09-19-2003, 12:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they are taking forever. I just got off the phone with them. I knew it would still be D1, but called just for the hell of it since I haven't called since monday. The guy at DC said that as a maxium, on average, the truck will sit in D1 for up to 2 weeks, as Doug had suggested. Then he said a maximum of 2 weeks for production. While he said they are ballpark CYA types of estimates, and things may well happen sooner than that, he didn't want to make promises etc, and have them missed. I ordered 8/20 and the guy said, well you can expect at least it will be built and hopefully ship by the first week or two in october!!!!! :'( :'( Mine is being built in Saltillo MX.

Thats crazy about the st louis to veracruz route...that can't be right....

At least one good note, they checked according to my temp D1 VIN number, and my engine produces 305hp at 2900 and 555 torque at 1400. Whew!! Sounds like no egr!
Old 09-19-2003, 12:27 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts

Crabjoe, that shipping deal can't be right : Unless DC has some sort of crazy tax deal that allows them to get away with something if they can show it coming from Mexico. Sounds like something an investigative reporter would be interested in. If I go with other stories I have heard, the diesel Ram's built in Mexico have better quality than the Rams built in the US. Anybody else have any info on this?
Old 09-19-2003, 02:07 PM

Just Called DC again to see if they had a VIN and got the most helpful rep yet. Well I asked her to check the shipping and she said it was coming from St Louis to Veracruz then to Baltimore. Then I asked if there was a VIN assigned. Well she had one and it set a red flag as it started with a 3. Yes, a 3 which means Mexico built. She then said it didn't make sense and checked for me with someone in another dept. She came back and said that it is being built in Mexico. And then told me that all 2500 4X4s are built in Mexico while the 2X4s are built in St louis. Now it makes sense on why it shows it'll come from Veracruz. I also asked her when they would start with the EGR diesel. Her answer after speaking with this other dept was that their plan was to start adding the EGR sometime in December, and they were trying add it as late as possible.

Old 09-19-2003, 02:16 PM

going to have to go thru customs twice to get here.
Now we know why these trucks are so dang expensive. :P
Old 09-19-2003, 02:25 PM

STOP THE PRESSES!!

I just remembered what I went thru with some of the DC reps;

There sheets list 'SLT' as the origin - they are interpreting this to be St Louis, when we all know that it's Saltillo!!

;D

Rene
Old 09-19-2003, 03:34 PM
JKE

a little on the EGR topic: we are testing heavy duty cummins with EGR and VGT. This is over the rod stuff. We are the only company to produce an egr for cummins that I am aware of.

This is all of the info that I can get now...not my department, but we are in the same division. I will start a different post later when I get more info for you guys.

Have a nice day,

John
Old 09-19-2003, 06:43 PM
Banned

[quote author=Crabjoe link=board=17;threadid=19855;start=0#msg186888 date=1063998428]
Just Called DC again to see if they had a VIN and got the most helpful rep yet. Well I asked her to check the shipping and she said it was coming from St Louis to Veracruz then to Baltimore. Then I asked if there was a VIN assigned. Well she had one and it set a red flag as it started with a 3. Yes, a 3 which means Mexico built. She then said it didn't make sense and checked for me with someone in another dept. She came back and said that it is being built in Mexico. And then told me that all 2500 4X4s are built in Mexico while the 2X4s are built in St louis. Now it makes sense on why it shows it'll come from Veracruz. I also asked her when they would start with the EGR diesel. Her answer after speaking with this other dept was that their plan was to start adding the EGR sometime in December, and they were trying add it as late as possible.

[/quote]

Maybe the '04's are different but my 2wd was built in Mexico.
Old 09-19-2003, 07:58 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

This one was built in Mexico

;D
Old 09-19-2003, 08:11 PM

To offer y'all a little humor when I was tracing my truck through Texas, NM and Arizona, I got a little impatient too and demanded to know from the rail customer service gal where the heck "Sananteya" train station was located. It was on the carrier's website itinerary and was hold up there for some reason. I looked everywhere trying to find it on the map. After hearing me out, she patiently chuckled and told me there is no Sananteya station. It's RR shorthand for the San Antonio East Rail Yard! I felt pretty sheepish.
Old 09-20-2003, 11:37 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

[quote author=Vittorio link=board=17;threadid=19855;start=0#msg186981 date=1064020270]
I felt pretty sheepish.

[/quote]

You hangin with Push Rod and Gonzo?

Sheepish? BAAaAaAAaAaaaaaAAAA ahahahah