3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

New Lights on the Bull Bar

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Lights on the Bull Bar

Well, what do you think. I ordered the Westin lights that are recommended for this bar and the stupid things shine right at the ground !!!

Sorry for the rant. So I drilled some holes and mounted them to the top of the Bull Bar. I think I may put some smaller lights in the middle. What do you think?

Thanks,

Kip.
Attached Thumbnails New Lights on the Bull Bar-truck-lights-good-front.jpg   New Lights on the Bull Bar-truck-lights-side.jpg  
Old 09-16-2007, 09:23 AM

I did the exact same thing on mine. I think this is a design problem with the Westin bar. I think it looks good with them on top!

Seth
06 Ram CTD
Old 09-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Banned

I must be losing it...

I have POURED over the install pdf and I was SURE that bar mounted where the tow hooks are (at least on my 07 2500 4x4). Yours, however, appears to mount differently than what I had figured. Can you tell me where your mounting points are? I see a bracket down low....

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2007, 12:37 PM

I think it looks real nice!!!! A couple small one below would look awsome
Old 09-16-2007, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by SCVipermad
I must be losing it...

I have POURED over the install pdf and I was SURE that bar mounted where the tow hooks are (at least on my 07 2500 4x4). Yours, however, appears to mount differently than what I had figured. Can you tell me where your mounting points are? I see a bracket down low....

Thanks!
I have also been looking for a bar that will allow me to keep the tow hooks.
Looks real good.
Could you show the part # you used for this purchase/
Thanks
Old 09-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rodsram
I have also been looking for a bar that will allow me to keep the tow hooks.
Looks real good.
Could you show the part # you used for this purchase/
Thanks
THAT bar appears as though it will allow you to keep the tow hooks.....but I have a sneaking suspicion that is the wrong bar for that truck (assuming that is the truck in his sig).

Mind you, no matter if I am right or wrong....that might be the bar CHOOSEN for the exact reason you have brought up.

Personally, I'm not worried about keeping the tow hooks....I want an install that DOESN'T hang down like that....but thats just me.

I like it either way....much better bar than a full grill guard, and I'll likely look at the light mounting above as that looks very nice too!
Old 09-16-2007, 04:49 PM

I picked this one becasue i could keep the hooks. My friend has an 05 and it has to remove the hooks. The bracket mounts to the bumper mounts. I tack welded where the bull bar connects to the mount. I had a scenario where an idiot parked right against it. The wife and I walked out of the movie store and she was really ******. Saying " I cant believe they left it right up aganst it like that." I was laughing the whole time because it had done its job. She tells me "I think you should put it in drive and give him a little ding" I said well if you insist. I backed up about two feet, put it in drive and eased up to his plastic excuse for a bumper. When I felt them touch I pressed a little on the go peddle and watched this Frontier start to roll backwards. The thought ran across my mind that if this trucks pops out of gear it will be rolling in to traffic and someone could get hurt. So I showed him with my hammer that he should buy a bul bar to.

The unit does look like it hangs down a little too far but remember i have removed the air dam so it will look a little different.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Banned

Thanks kipper.....that explains everything for me. It is very nice to know there is the option for either mount option.

GREAT info here!! And....do you plan to put the plastic air dam back? If so, please post updated pics?

Thanks again for all the good pics and info!
Old 09-16-2007, 05:39 PM

Sorry, I wont be putting the air dam back on. You do have to knotch the air dam if you put this one on.

Originally Posted by SCVipermad
Thanks kipper.....that explains everything for me. It is very nice to know there is the option for either mount option.

GREAT info here!! And....do you plan to put the plastic air dam back? If so, please post updated pics?

Thanks again for all the good pics and info!
Old 09-17-2007, 06:39 AM

I got a bull bar of EBay,some no name made in china deal,mounts to the frame right were the bumber mounts up.

Bought some KC daylighters and had the same problom of not fitting,so I fab some light tabs,the light stick out a little and would be the first thing to get hit.

I am just going to get a roof mount light bar and move them soon.

Pav
Old 09-17-2007, 12:00 PM

I don't have pic, but my Westin bull bar mounted right over the air dam and I kept the tow hooks on, too. The instructions said that you were supposed to notch the air dam, but it wasn't necessary. The bullbar is a half-inch from the front bumper and right up against the airdam - looks good.

Seth
'06 4X4 RAM CTD