3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

My OBA & Airhorn Setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 02:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HMX-1
Only a grand? That's better than VMAC wants for their system. I sent them an e-mail and it starts around $10,300 for their setup

And yes, that's right. They want 10 grand. I'm sure I won't be the only one that did a double take on the price tag.

I'm hoping Kilby can get one put together. They have them up to the '06, so I guess I'm just waiting.

Kris
I think comparing those 2 is akin to comparing a lift pump to a cp3
Old 10-13-2009, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=Totallyrad;2600068]Bicycle/motorcycle hand grips?]

X2

[Grab a couple cheap tennis ***** and cover the quick connects to keep the crud out.]

Great idea TR!
I was wondering what to use.

Nice work Sandaholic, looks like lots of time and effort went it to this project
Old 08-04-2011, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cLAYH
The frame of the truck and the box actually twist a LOT when you really torque on the throttle. Some of those hard lines may have problems down the road.

Get some male quick connects and put plugs in them and then put them in the feamale quick connects coming off your tank. This will keep dirt from getting into them and causing them to jam.
Posted a link to this thread for someone and I ended up going back through its contents.

As to the comment about the copper lines developing leaks, it's a non issue. Hasn't happened, and I don't believe it ever will. With the 6" Atlas leaves on this thing its got some pretty good flex for a 'towrig'! And really if you look at everything it's all mounted to the box. So nothing will flex more than the box will.

Anyhow system is still going strong. Only problem I had is I lost the first air pressure switch. It was mounted horizontally in the line and was subjected to too much moisture. I turned a 90 up at the air pressure switch mount to make it happy. No issues since. Wait I did lose the relays after 2 years. Not sure why.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I like where you fit the tanks!!!

I put my one 8.5 gallon tank in the bed with my two compressors mounted on the tank itself with band clamps. I ran a #4 wire to them from the battery. The K3 I mounted under the truck right behind the transfer case. It fits real nice there and doesn't hang down too much. I put a graham white valve in the cab on the floor next to my right leg.

The K3 is stupid loud, I'm pretty careful where I let it rip. As for CFM's I read the K3 will use 90cfm at 150 psi.