3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Loren Coil Install ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 03:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rednecktastic
Installed the front in less than 4 hours with very inadequate tools and two bottle jacks LOL. Just jumped right into it, very simple front ends.

I'd recommend doing it yourself incase you have any problems later on you can fix them.

Also, paint your springs before installing them. Mine are getting rusty but I've lived on the beach for about 5 months now... Need to buy a beater for down here and get my truck out of here!
do sean's springs come delivered just bare steel?
Old 02-20-2008, 02:06 PM

They are painted but not really well I guess it didn't hold up on mine. I'm gonna pull the shocks out and paint them.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rednecktastic
They are painted but not really well I guess it didn't hold up on mine. I'm gonna pull the shocks out and paint them.
sounds like a pita.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:58 PM

naw..

I might just mask them off too but that might be more difficult. Impact gun makes things easier .
Gonna mask off the motor and splash guard and just hit all that with semigloss black.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:27 PM

Painting everything is alotta work. I stripped down the entire frame and suspension on my lifted 93 S10, primed and painted. Looked show quality, but dang it took some time. Here is a pic of Lorenz coils in my current truck with the Meguiars Hot Shine high gloss tire coating. Holds up fairly well, might not work for you if you get rain often as it does get rinsed off after a few days of rain. These pics were taken after driving to and from work in one day of rain...

It might help against rust too as the springs in my truck look brand new so far, time will tell though.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Evil Genius
I'm leaning towards doing it myself. I crawled around under the front and it doesn't look too complicated.

Make removing the lower shock bolts the first thing you do in case you can't get them out with the tools you have. Mine broke 2 sockets, including an impact socket, and finally took a 36" breaker bar to bust loose.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by jamesbfishin
Painting everything is alotta work. I stripped down the entire frame and suspension on my lifted 93 S10, primed and painted. Looked show quality, but dang it took some time. Here is a pic of Lorenz coils in my current truck with the Meguiars Hot Shine high gloss tire coating. Holds up fairly well, might not work for you if you get rain often as it does get rinsed off after a few days of rain. These pics were taken after driving to and from work in one day of rain...

It might help against rust too as the springs in my truck look brand new so far, time will tell though.

Looks good.

I've been cleaning my truck top and bottom (high pressure wash) around once a week for the 5 months I've been down here. I park my truck under my building on the beach and it's constantly getting beat down by wind through there... Sand blows in and I'm assuming salt is in it.

I'm probably going to pull everything back apart once I move off the beach an paint it.

I love this truck and want to keep it for a long time!