How to: Block heater cord install - Page 8 - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

How to: Block heater cord install

Old 01-29-2014, 03:18 PM   #106
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Thought I'd throw up fresh pics of my BH cord. Unfortunately my original photos were lost but here's how it looks up close

Here's my routing pics.

Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #107
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

That is nice! Its very difficult to make them look like they belong.
I fixed my heater cord problem by leaving my truck parked in CA during the winter. Works great.
Bark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:14 PM   #108
Administrator/Jarhead

I have since ran my cord toward the rear... it hangs just under the hinges of the passenger front door. I back in the driveway, this saves me a few feet of cord. Worked out pretty good the other day when I forgot to unplug it...
madhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:14 PM   #109
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bark View Post
That is nice! Its very difficult to make them look like they belong.
I fixed my heater cord problem by leaving my truck parked in CA during the winter. Works great.
heehee Thanks!

I feel a little weird here in S.FL running around with my sweet BH setup. At least in DFW it got cold now and then. Plus we lived in the US so it was very possible that my truck traveled to cold states.
Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:05 PM   #110
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhat View Post
. it hangs just under the hinges of the passenger front door. I back in the driveway, this saves me a few feet of cord. .
On the plow truck I noticed that the ext cord never had frost or snow on it.
I have a really good IR thermometer and found out that the 50ft 12G cord threw off a lot more heat than the 25ft 12G cord. It does make sense to go with the shortest cord possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorts View Post
here in S.FL running around with my sweet BH setup. Plus we lived in the US so it was very possible that my truck traveled to cold states.
Ha! I knew it. I have been telling FiverBob that people in Florida are aliens.
Bark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:24 PM   #111

Bought my 06 3500 last Friday. Got it home, looked it over and could not find cord....looked everywhere then I found this thread and saw the black cap over the block heater element. Checked my truck and WHOOOPPPPEPEEEEEE. Ordered a cord from Gino's. This thread has given me several ideas on how to install. Really starting to like this site! Thanks for all the great information. I'm learing a lot about my new (used) rig!!
Bradleyras is offline   Reply With Quote