3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Finally a GOOD dealer story to tell!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Finally a GOOD dealer story to tell!!!!

It's all to often we post all the bad experiences we have well heres a good one for a change.

I just traded in my 07 QCSB 5.9CTD 4x4 in to upgrade to a Mega cab to fit the family. Well after alot of searching around I finally found one that met the criteria that I was looking for but as luck would have it it was in Plymouth WI 990 miles away from my house in PA. Well after some discussion on the phone with a salesman it was a done deal. 3 days later after an overnight in OH and alot of fuel the Dealer Van Horn Dodge took my 07 in as trade and away I went back to PA. I would like to say all went well but as luck would have it Murphy and his law book stopped by. Now remember the papers were signed it's a used truck and I'm now 900 miles away. Thankfully the problems were minor a non working power mirror, a tempermental cd player, and worst of all a missing spring eye nut and backed out bolt. But we made it home and after a call to Bob my salesmen and go figure someone that actualy returns a phone call he was on it. As I'm sure alot of dealers have to do in todays economy he needed to document everything and submit it to the GM. Now today a phone call from Bob apoligizing for the troubles and a check to pay for the deductable to have everything fixed here in PA and a killer deal on the front chrome bumper insert delivered to my house.
I own all 3 of the American car brands and by a good number of vehicles every 2 years or so and to say the least dealers leave alot to be desired. Well not at Van Horn Dodge in WI it's just a shame their 900 miles away cause this would be my new dealer of choice not to mention they have a great used truck inventory.

Thanks Bob for being a stand up guy and being an honest dealer you got my vote.

Thanks Marc
Old 04-24-2010, 07:14 PM

Glad it worked out for you.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great to hear. A buddy of mine just traded his 03 1500 Hemi in on a 06 2500 CTD megacab from a dealer in the DFW area. The 2500 was "as is" and he didn't opt for an extended warranty. A couple of days later when he used the A/C he noticed he had the dreaded A/C mixer door problem. Fan was on full blast but felt like it was on low coming out the vents. He called the dealer and told them about it. He took it in and they fixed at no charge.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:46 AM

Had a similar experience myself. Bought my 05 from Woodhouse Chrysler in Blaire, NE. Ran great on the way home but about a day later it had no power and was puking smoke. Called them up and talked to them and they said "take it to the closest dealer to you and get it fixed, we will take care of it." That is great customer service. Period. My truck was out of warranty and it was bought "as is", but they still fixed the problem.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:50 AM

Thank God there are still some good one left....

Originally Posted by NavyDood
Great to hear. A buddy of mine just traded his 03 1500 Hemi in on a 06 2500 CTD megacab from a dealer in the DFW area. The 2500 was "as is" and he didn't opt for an extended warranty. A couple of days later when he used the A/C he noticed he had the dreaded A/C mixer door problem. Fan was on full blast but felt like it was on low coming out the vents. He called the dealer and told them about it. He took it in and they fixed at no charge.
The big three wonder why their in such trouble well the greed is the worst problem but customer service customer service customer service. Even after Toyota's cars kill people as long as the dealer is willing to lie to the public and let them bring them in for free to say everythings OK the public wants that kind of backing. I don't want to get off track here but it's the old ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Alittle understanding goes a long way as far as loyalty is concerned.

Good to here another good story
Old 04-25-2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by MRFD715
Had a similar experience myself. Bought my 05 from Woodhouse Chrysler in Blaire, NE. Ran great on the way home but about a day later it had no power and was puking smoke. Called them up and talked to them and they said "take it to the closest dealer to you and get it fixed, we will take care of it." That is great customer service. Period. My truck was out of warranty and it was bought "as is", but they still fixed the problem.
Another good story.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by MRFD715
The place I work actually got a check from Woodhouse. because we bought a truck over the phone. When we got it, it was missing stuff that was supposed to be on it, like a bumper hitch, etc. and two tires were junk. That was unbelievable.
Good dealer.

FYI, its Blair, not Blaire.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:31 AM

^^^ Thanks for the spelling correction, that never was my strongpoint. Ha ha ha.

That is actually what they did with me. I paid the dealer for the repairs and Woodhouse sent me a check to reimburse me. I had it the day after repairs were done and I got a call from the manager a couple days later to make sure everything was working as it should. Can't beat that kind of service, IMHO.