3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Durango's

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 06:40 PM
kjp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Durango's

hey guys, I realize that this has nothing to do with diesel trucks, but I was wondering what everyone thinks of the Durango. Some friends of ours just got an 06,now my wife is looking at getting one. Thanks for the input.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:51 PM

Bought an 06 4.7l for my wife after much debate I was totally against it until we finally went and looked. I was all about the Tahoe being a chevy guy minus diesels of coursebut for the price I had to go look. front seats are little bit too cockpit like but comfortable the back seat is easier to get in and out of than a tahoe with comperable space and everything folds up nice and easily and we love the auto rear hatch. we paid about 22k otd for an 06 with 16k on the clock almost a year ago. As far as economy I was very surprised I had heard the horror stories and I have checked it a few times going over the sierras on the scenic route which is a pretty good pull Hwy 88 in nor cal and over into Reno and around and got a legit 17mpg i have not taken it down any freeway trips but I thought that was very respectable. I guess you could say I would reccomend it for the money tough to beat.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:17 PM

Bought an 06 1 year ago, hemi with mds, 20mpg driving nice and the best riding driving suv imo. I would buy one again.

BTW I am 5'11 and can ride in the 3rd row,couldn't stand a tahoe.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:19 PM

most people don't give them a chance because you have to get past the front end
Old 09-07-2007, 07:30 PM

I have an 04 Limited with the Hemi....no MDS so it avgs 12MPG by the overhead....

Other than that, I love it, wife loves it, it's comfortable and it hauls butt. Very few problems with it in 48K, nothing that wasn't fixed under warrenty same day.

I like it so much I'm trying to find the same thing with a 6.7 and a bed.....
Old 09-07-2007, 07:46 PM

My mother-in-law has one. It's a loaded '06 with the Hemi and MDS. It gets great gas mileage and good power. It has had a lot of electrical issues though. I guess it's a common problem. Nothing detrimental has happened, just annoying codes and hard starts. Even though she's had so many issues with her's we're still considering one. Have you seen the Nightrunner package? That's the one we want.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wife also has one...

Originally Posted by Cowhand
I have an 04 Limited with the Hemi....no MDS so it avgs 12MPG by the overhead....

Other than that, I love it, wife loves it, it's comfortable and it hauls butt. Very few problems with it in 48K, nothing that wasn't fixed under warrenty same day.

I like it so much I'm trying to find the same thing with a 6.7 and a bed.....
Ditto. What he said except we get 15mpg 50/50 highway/city hand calc. Got 20.2 mpg hand calculated on a trip to Ohio and back. didn't exceed 70 mph at any time... Only maintenance issues have been a ricer sliding under the back end bending the exhaust and the right hand shock. And a squirrel was living in the garage this past winter and chewed the tubing to the master cylinder and ABS. Very zippy for it's size and can pull a fair amount with the 5.7L hemi. Next door neighbors drove it once and then bought one of thier own.

Now if Chrysler would put a diesel in the Durango... But a rumor I have read is the new owners of Chrysler are thinking of striking the Durango/Pacifica line altogether.

Last edited by kokalit; 09-08-2007 at 12:42 AM. Reason: added text
Old 09-08-2007, 07:01 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
We had a couple of them at work. I think we had a transmission go on one, and a couple water pumps, and we were adding oil to one frequently. They were in rough service, though, and they rode much better than the Cherokee's they replaced, and did better in the snow.

Now we have a pair of Expeditions. They seem like they don't have much torque, and I don't care for how the transmission shifts. They do seem to have more head room, and I think there is less wind/road noise in the interior. So far, no problems, but they haven't been in service that long.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:00 AM

I had a 99 with the 5.9 360 engine..

Real nice... I looked at all the different SUV's and for the money the Durango had more to offer for less money... Good value in my mind...

Traded it in for my 05 Cummins...
Old 09-08-2007, 10:19 AM
First Person to Post in the 4th Gen Classifieds

I bought my wife an ASPEN the chrysler version and we love it. Smooth, not many on the road and HEMI power.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:20 AM

We have an 04 limited with the Hemi and love ours. We are just getting ready to turn it in at the end of it's lease this month. Did not have any problems with it what so ever and have about 39k miles on it. Would definitely buy another one but found a great deal on an 04 Suburban 3/4 ton with the 8.1 liter motor in it and went that route. Love the burb as well.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:17 PM

We also just bought an Aspen 2 weeks ago and love it. Got the 4.7L and got 19.8 mpg driving to Phoenix from Las Vegas last night running 75-85 mph and its a nice ride.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My mom has 2004 with the 4.7 and the multi-speed auto, runs much better than the ram with a 4.7. The only thing that bugs me is the long blindspot front pillars and the mile-long dash. But my mom is deaf, doesn't know how to maintain a vehicle, and it has held up very well. I put a k&n intake (very loud) and a flowmaster (cut that ugly resonator out the back and put pipe between it.). It gets 17-18mpg and still runs strong. I would recommend one to anybody.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:41 PM
kjp

Originally Posted by t-boe
Have you seen the Nightrunner package? That's the one we want.
Thats the one my wife wants. We have 2 big dogs and want to have kids soon so we need something bigger and that seems to fit the bill.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:45 PM

It will be offered with a Cummins diesel in a couple years. Can you wait?

Quick Reply: Durango's