3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Door lock problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2016, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door lock problem

Hello

I performed a search to see if others have had the same issue I have but did not see anything(or missed it).
I have an 03 2500 quad cab that I bought recently and it has been sitting for 2-3 years(had injectors changed then couldn't pay the bill). The issue I am having is with the doors locking. The doors(none of them)will lock with the switch in the drivers door, the switch in the passenger front door, the key FOB or the drivers door lock cylinder. All of the doors will unlock with the FOB, the drivers door switch and the passenger door switch. I have checked wiring and fuses and don't find an issue(although I haven't taken each accordion grommet apart between the doors). It seems like it is not a wiring issue when the system partially works. At first I thought I had a cluster issue but after some more research I may have an FCM issue, not sure which way to go with this or how to confirm which component. This last weekend I have found out that I also have some trailer wiring issue which seems that I will need an IPM to fix that.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:18 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Some of those models had a problem with the drivers door switch cluster. They look good, but are bad inside. Installing a new door switch cluster may solve the problem. Vaguely recall that there was a thread on this a few years ago.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My apologies, I forgot to add that on the original post. I had found that post when trying to find some guidance and changed it with one made by Dorman and it obviously didn't help.