3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

AC Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 03:38 PM
Muted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile AC Problems

After one year and two weeks, I finally had a problem with my truck.

I will post this message on my two favorite forms in hopes of getting some answers which will help when I take it into the dealer.

I just got back from a round trip from western Colorado to Florida. 4400 miles. Empty going, and loaded down coming back.

Truck ran great...with one exception. We got about 100 miles from home when the air conditioner stopped working. When you're headed to Florida in the summer, that's a concern.

My daughter called five Dodge dealers from Glenwood Springs to Denver, and none of them had time to even look at the truck.

The AC sounded fine, like it was working, but no cold air was coming out. Just as we were about to head into a little repair shop in Carbondale, I turned the AC back on. It worked fine!

So, we continued our trip. What happened was that the AC would work fine for about an hour, and then stop blowing cold air. In fact, nothing came out of the vents although it sounded as though it was working. We would then turn it off for about 20 minutes, and drive with the windows partly open. Sure enough, after 20 minutes we had cold air again for about an hour.

Since the truck is under warantee, I plan on taking it in soon to be fixed. Problem is, when they try the AC, it will work fine. Takes a while before it acts up.

So, the who purpose behind this post is to find out what forum members think is wrong, so I have something to tell the manager and the mechanics.

Any ideas on what the problem might be will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 07-25-2004, 04:08 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
You are not alone with this problem. Quite a few guys have had this problem. Go here to read more:

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...conditioner%2A