3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Scout info for the 6.7L

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scout info for the 6.7L

Ok guys, I have been getting hammered with emails and pm's about this product. It is not listed on the site but, I guess a bunch of you knew it was inevitable!

We are expecting to get this out around the middle of June. It has TONS of function and will be a great fit for those of you with small pressure boxes or with downloaders.

Here is a list of monitored parameters:

EGT*
Boost
Fuel Pressure (low side)**
Rail Pressure
RPM
IAT
Coolant Temp
TPS %
Batt Voltage
Load %
Barometer
MPH
Corrected MPH (for different tire sizes)
Fuel Level %
Ambient Air Temp

Transmission Temp
Output Shaft Speed
Gear Shift Position Indicator
Converter Lockup Status
Current Gear
Calculated Transmission Slippage %

Time Since DTC's cleared
Run Time Since Startup
Time Run with MIL On
Distance since DTC's Cleared
Distance with MIL turned on
# of Warmups since DTC's Cleared

Commanded EGR %
EGR Error %

Cat 1 EGT
Cat 2 EGT
O2 Sensor 1
O2 Sensor 2
Regeneration Status
# of Completed Regens
# of Desired Regens
# of Incomplete Regens
Time since last Regen
Filter Load
Filter Target
Soot Regen Active
SoX Regen Active

The EGT kit and FP kit are seperate but, you can easily order both through your dealer. You DO NOT have to have either for the Scout to work, you just won't get FP or EGT readings!

There is also a TT kit that is almost done which will allow you to control it through the Scout for either EGT or Time, your choice!

The Scout will also read and erase DTC's, perform 0-60 and 1/4 mile tests, allow you to set warnings, keep records of min and max values, adjust the backlight etc.

One of the things we made sure we did was to build a lot of function into the gauge. It is one thing to have a big long list of parameters but, it can be tedious to go through to monitor some of them on certain systems out there.

There are multiple parts to this and some are specific to the 6.7L trucks.

We have a "Flip Screen". This means that whatever display setup you choose, such as 2, 3 or 4 position, will allow you to set 2 sets of parameters. One for the main screen and one for the "flip screen". Once you set all 4, 6, or 8 parameters you simply hit the bottom button while at your main display and the second set of parameters will pop up. So you can have 8 user selected parameters total with a simple touch of the button.

Instead of making you waste one of these parameters with something like regen status, or time since last regen, we clumped those parameters onto a "DPF at a Glance" screen. From the main menu, all you have to do is select the "UP" button and all that DPF info will pop up at the same time, giving you the info you need and then you can go back to monitoring the stuff you really need to see.

Another thing we do that no one else does is we created Icons for the Soot and SoX regen status. Just like above, instead of wasting a parameter for that, we monitor it all the time and when these events take place we simply place an Icon on the display that is out of the way and does not cover anything up so that you know what is going on.

We also did this with Current Gear. Many people like to see exactly what gear they are in because they know their powerband. We used a spot that is usually reserved for a "Power Level Indicator" on our Pulse for this. This parameter will always be there and will show you P-R-N-6-5-4-3-2-1. Once again, this is good info to have for many of you but, not worth replacing one of the many important engine parameters that you need to see!

So on any 1 screen you can have as many as 7 parameters including the pop up icons and gear display or 11 with the touch of a button.

I hope this gives you guys they info you are looking for. If I missed something (probably very likely!) just let me know and I will get you the info you need!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:01 AM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Sounds interesting
Old 05-20-2009, 10:48 PM

How much is this going to be? This sounds like the best thing to get for my truck. Cant wait till mid june.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:17 AM

very impressive.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:13 PM

Pricing is not officially up on our website but, it is going to be the same as the previous Scout models that are listed.

http://www.quadzillapower.com/produc...ex.cfm/p/scout

Retail pricing will be listed at that link. For actual pricing and shipping contact your vendor or the DTR strore.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can you adjust the backlighting color to match the OEM gauges output? Brightness and contrast? What mounting solutions will be available aside from the pillar mount?
Old 05-29-2009, 10:44 AM

You can adjust the backlight brightness but, not the color.

The pillar mount is the most popular obviously. It comes with a universal mount but, its not that best thing ever although it does work fine.

Most people stick it flat to the dash somewhere or I have seen a bunch of people use different cell phone mount plates and they mount it to them. I also saw one recently mounted to one side of the rear view mirror!

Basically the back of the Scout is pretty flat and they are very thin, around 5/8" I believe. They are also light so they mount really well with either two sided tape or hook and loop tape or velcro. I have seen them mounted all over the cab!
Old 05-31-2009, 11:45 PM

This is great Quad!! I'm glad to see it finally coming out...

I guess I didn't get picked to be one of the beta tester for this product..

Oh well.... I will have to have this... Kinda like I did with the Xzillaraider, then Commander, then Adrenaline, then Pulse on my old 24v... Are you'll a pubicly traded company as I might want to buy stock!!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:12 AM

A little off topic, but will the Recon work on the 6.7's?
My brother is shopping for guages for his 09, and he is not a bomber, so the basics would be fine for him - I'm recommending the Scout to him, but I'd like to tell him that the Recon may be a cheaper alternative....
Old 06-27-2009, 09:45 PM

so has anyone found out when this going to be on sell. i check the website every day to see any thing on it. i hope its out soon.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:16 AM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I was told 2 weeks ago that it would be 2 weeks. Others have been told 2 months ago it would be 2 weeks...
Old 07-01-2009, 09:39 AM

They have been shipping since 6/24/09.

Everyone should have part#'s and pricing!

A little off topic, but will the Recon work on the 6.7's?
No they won't, at least not right now. We have a new part number that supercedes the old part# for the Recon but, they are not shipping yet. We have not shipped the old Recon in many months waiting for the new part #.

I'm recommending the Scout to him, but I'd like to tell him that the Recon may be a cheaper alternative....
The Scout is well worth it simply based on the DPF information and the ability to read and erase codes. Also call the DTR store or another vendor on here, they are priced very well!
Old 07-01-2009, 09:43 AM

I will try and get some good screen shots posted up here tonight so you can see some of the features.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I would be happy to list them in the store but I have no part number or product info on the 6.7L units. Your website just say's "07-09 5.9L More information coming soon!" I assume you mean the 6.7L in that statement?
Old 07-01-2009, 10:34 PM

As I mentioned in my PM back to you, I will get you all the info you need.

In the meantime the 06-07 part# is the same as the 07.5-09 trucks! That is one of the reasons we delayed the release so that we could get all the current trucks that would fit into 1 part number!

Quick Reply: Scout info for the 6.7L