3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (6.7L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 6.7L ONLY!

Finally no cel light

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally no cel light

Well I had just about given up on the truck, when I found a dealer who actually replaces things. I almost have a new engine it seems like. They replaced the egr,fuel rail, fuel lines, and a injector. They also cleaned the soot out of the turbo and the egr tube. Maybe I'll be cel free until I trade this one in. I got to have the new 3500 dually it looks so much different. Any body heard of a Resitol edition for 2011. That would be the one for me!
Old 12-16-2009, 12:22 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
My CEL came on for a short time. They cleaned out the turbo and it hasn't been back since. That was about 4 months ago when my mileage was right around 12k. Looking good now...
Old 12-16-2009, 03:51 PM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Now is the time to fix it right and do the deletes.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:28 PM
DTR Founder

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I would love to but I want to keep my warranty right now. I've been seriously considering doing some mods though.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:29 PM
"California Style"

Originally Posted by Administrator
I would love to but I want to keep my warranty right now. I've been seriously considering doing some mods though.
I was directing that suggestion to Preloader who has "an almost new truck" now.

Having a warantee and this system is like just having moldy cheese in the fridge because itis better than nothing. However, rotten food will kill ya faster than no food...

Has anyone done the deletes and then had warantee issues yet or lately? I have not heard much of this, but everyone is certainly worried about such (and for good reasons). Specifically, I'm talking about undoing the deletes for warantee and then getting the shaft still.

I've done the deletes and anticipating still having my warantee.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:03 PM

smog test!

So how do we get these trucks to pass emission testing when they are due, I would love the do the deletes but here in Washington the nanny state they test the diesels same as the gassers,I would give up the warranty in a minute to do the deletes but would it pass the emissions test?
Old 12-31-2009, 11:40 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by trt490
So how do we get these trucks to pass emission testing when they are due, I would love the do the deletes but here in Washington the nanny state they test the diesels same as the gassers,I would give up the warranty in a minute to do the deletes but would it pass the emissions test?
in my past when i was an emissions tester in Utah,i had to fail a vehicle that had any emissions equipment removed.......so maybe your state is the same
Old 01-01-2010, 06:21 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I purchased my 6.7 in the USA and when I imported to Canada...my warranty was void. Thanks dodge. IT did not matter...I never had an issue other then emissions related so I did the delete and run the smarty. no CEL, and I am netting well over 40% better mpg. I used to run 10K miles per month and I documented all my costs...fuel was killing me. Now its in line and even slightly better then the 2007 5.9 I had. Seeing a hand calculated 19 mpg hwy on average and sometimes hitting 20 with a long bed conversion mega cab dually 4x4 is nice. When towing, I get the same mpg I was getting empty prior to the alterations.

Come on Jack...do it. BOMB

Scotty

Last edited by Scotty; 01-01-2010 at 06:22 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Come on Jack...do it. BOMB
Ill second that.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:24 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I thought it was interesting to look at the underhood decal on my 2007 and note no remarks about any emissions equipment other than a catalyst. I left my stock downpipe on when I did my deletes so...check. A good argument would be to remember that while the truck is 2010 emissions compliant, it's still a 2007 truck and should only fall under 2007 regulations. Having met a couple of people who have done deletes only after all of the DPF stuff failed again for the last multiple time, did I realize I have been lucky to not have any issues and have a perfectly good DPF under my deck. Deletes=no regrets and better mileage.

Chris
Old 02-05-2010, 01:33 PM

Running on biofuel produces no or very little emissions.

kblake
Old 02-05-2010, 08:09 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by mega-engr
Having a warantee and this system is like just having moldy cheese in the fridge because itis better than nothing. However, rotten food will kill ya faster than no food...
I've heard a lot of ol' Kentucky analogies before, but this west coast analogy just cracks me up.............
Old 02-05-2010, 08:19 PM

Has anyone done the deletes and then had warantee issues yet or lately? I have not heard much of this, but everyone is certainly worried about such (and for good reasons). Specifically, I'm talking about undoing the deletes for warantee and then getting the shaft still.

I've done the deletes and anticipating still having my warantee.
Ive had some work done on mine, with the EJA and deletes in place. Trans solenoid was replaced, as well as the TIPM. I was upfront with the dealer about what mods I had made and he understood why I made them (hes a diesel head too). He told me that the only way he wouldnt warranty stuff is if they could prove that my mods caused the failure.

Guess I just got lucky.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:23 PM
"California Style"

Originally Posted by gsbrockman
I've heard a lot of ol' Kentucky analogies before, but this west coast analogy just cracks me up.............
Not sure why, but I've got a lot of good, bad, and ugly anologies to go around. I just hope the point gets accross somehow.

Originally Posted by blake.clark
Ive had some work done on mine, with the EJA and deletes in place. Trans solenoid was replaced, as well as the TIPM. I was upfront with the dealer about what mods I had made and he understood why I made them (hes a diesel head too). He told me that the only way he wouldnt warranty stuff is if they could prove that my mods caused the failure.

Guess I just got lucky.
Well that is certainly a great way to go when there is a warantee issue not affected by such deletes and I think you did a safe thing to be up front. I have kept the deletes to a minimum to where if I encounter a worse case and can't find anyone reasonable to be up front with that I could just put stuff back and then let them dig to China finding a reason why to void me. If that ends up being the case and my warantee is gone somehow then I will have to accept that. However, mitigating all the different risks, I feel this is the way to go. I haven't gotten myself to do the full deletes. I guess I should just say "minimal deletes" or "temporary emmissions inoperablility" in my sig. I would love to do full deletes, but want the ease or return to stock for now.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:30 AM

I haven't gotten myself to do the full deletes. I guess I should just say "minimal deletes" or "temporary emmissions inoperablility" in my sig. I would love to do full deletes, but want the ease or return to stock for now.
It find it to be quite satisfying to look under the hood and all I see is an intake with just clean air going in, and a exhaust manifold with just black stuff going out, and thinking that my 6.7 is dern near just a big 5.9 now. The peace of mind is worth the warranty issues.

Quick Reply: Finally no cel light