3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Who has ATS trans..happy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Caterpillartim
Well itrs summer time and time to put in a third trasmission this time full billet. The last so called heavy duty transmission is no way up to the new sticks that are on there way and the silver bullet that i have. I was going with HTS but me being so far away sipping is a ton anyway i was thinking ATS because there only a few hours away. I hate there PR but i thought id see if any dodge guys in the 700+ range were running them
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Caterpillartim:

Like DTR Members "Moobesor" and "madhat", I have ATS Stage V Transmissions in BOTH my 1996 Dodge CTD 12 valve and also my 2006 Dodge CTD CR. I am very happy with both of my ATS Transmissions and have had excellent service from both of them. You can look at my signature to see where I am with H.P./Torque and what my truck runs on the drag strip. Their transmissions can also be found in Jimmy and Dale Smiths DHRA 2001 Dodge CTD Pro-Street Drag Truck which holds the U.S. 1/4 mile DHRA Record for a
4X4 Diesel Pickup. Their transmission also powers the Bentz Diesel Rail Dragster which runs in the 7's in the 1/4 mile.

I have been running their transmissions since 2001 when they first released the ATS Triple Lok. At that time many other companies gave ATS an EXTREMELY hard time about the triple-disc, but now EVERY one of those other transmission companies is selling a triple-disc converter! ATS has gone even further coming out with a five-disc torque converter, called the "ATS Five-Star." Let me caution you and say here; "Don't believe everything you hear about ATS" as some people seem to have an "agenda' with them here.
Our own DTR member "Moobesor" was in the same situation a couple of months ago here on choosing an ATS and as you can see, he is happy with what he has chosen!

As the other Members have pointed out, the other aftermarket companies such as: Suncoast, Goerend, HTS to name a few also offer good units and service but so does ATS.

Take care and good luck.

---------
John_P
Old 03-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Caterpillartim
because wade would get it for about 650 less the hts retail price
So call HTS and ask them to match that price. What are they going to say...no?

No reason to have a middle man if he's not local to you.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:42 AM

ATS has always been good to me. I had a turbo to bad after a headgasket failure and they swapped me out. I paid shipping which was cool and they took care of the rest. I certainly wouldn't run their programmer or injectors when you have guys out there like Don and Marco but they do make some quality transmission stuff especially their TC.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:53 AM

I like my parts from Goreand's. Never heard anything bad about them, so that's who I went with for parts, also thought I had a problem (but didn't) and called and left a message, he called back in a couple of hours. I like their philosophy of everything 'in house'. They are a small shop, and until you get on their 'call back' list, can be hard to get hold of.
I'd talk to all the major players, maybe more than once, and go with who explains their stuff the best, and who you feel most comfortable with.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:38 AM

GOREAND
Lifetime warranty on TC and VB! Can't beat it.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by jrussell
So call HTS and ask them to match that price. What are they going to say...no?

No reason to have a middle man if he's not local to you.
thats what I said take out the middle man whatever you buy, in most cases the middle man just wants to make some $