3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

what is a Galcier Diesel Walbro Kit (2005)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 09:58 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what is a Galcier Diesel Walbro Kit (2005)

I see everyone talking about this kit and I'd like more info on it.

Does the pump take the place of the pump in the tank and use the factory lines running from the pump to the filter?

Does the pump use the factory wiring or do you need to run new ones?

Where can I get one of these's kits, and how much do they run?

Thanks CRIS
Old 06-04-2006, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by masonic-dodge
I see everyone talking about this kit and I'd like more info on it.

Does the pump take the place of the pump in the tank and use the factory lines running from the pump to the filter?

Does the pump use the factory wiring or do you need to run new ones?

Where can I get one of these's kits, and how much do they run?

Thanks CRIS
Its a lift pump replacement. You have to cut your stock fuel line and tap into it and drop your fuel tank to add in a pickup. THe great thing about it, if for any reason the Walboro pump died (very doubtful) its a simple electrical connector and you are back on your stock pump. Electrical is simple as 1 connection, the fuel lines are a little harder.

http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/pr...?pf_id=3920506

$429
Old 06-04-2006, 11:45 AM

I have this kit and it works great! You still have all your factory lines inplace, you basically have a redundant fuel system.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:29 PM

The '05-'06 kits are a little different than the '03-'04.5 units. We do use a separate pickup at the tank but the rest of the system actually runs parallel to the stock system right up to the connection at the filter housing. By using the same entry point at the stock canister the entire original system stays in place and sealed. We use a new electrical connection at the tank which allows the ECM to "see" continuity and trigger the new pump just like the stocker for priming and starting.

For the guys with modified CP-3's that need 35+ psi we eliminate the stock line altogether. I have a complete package (2 mic, Big Line and GFS) headed to a customer right now. He'll be going to Floor-it for a Stage 2 CP-3 after it's installed. Hopefully we'll hear right John how the GFS-392 does at 40 psi feeding a Stage 2 thru a 2 micron filter. Should be a great test!

Richard
Old 06-04-2006, 07:25 PM
Chapter President

Hey Richard I been meenig to get in touch with you, it seems you're lines always busy now though , I wonder why? Anyways, I will be getting your bigline kit you offer now, and work something out on the other pump you sent me to test out.

By the way, there is no way you can go wrong with this kit. AS I was a Beta tester, running into a few minor snags, there has been nothing but perfection out of this system for me.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:23 PM

vent mod

Can you still do the tank vent mod?
Old 06-04-2006, 11:31 PM

It's a great time to do the vent mod also. If you add a couple of extra fittings you can use the capped off vent line for your return and avoid putting the return manifold in the fill neck. I've got my truck setup this way.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by streetsmoker
Hey Richard I been meenig to get in touch with you, it seems you're lines always busy now though , I wonder why? Anyways, I will be getting your bigline kit you offer now, and work something out on the other pump you sent me to test out.

By the way, there is no way you can go wrong with this kit. AS I was a Beta tester, running into a few minor snags, there has been nothing but perfection out of this system for me.
Good to have you back around! Give me a shout when you get a minute. I never turn my phone off...
Old 07-24-2006, 05:24 AM

I think Rich just see who calls him and dosen't answer it

In all honisty, the kit is great. I love mine and to be honist I've only had to leave a message once (was late at night). But I love the kit, love the way it works.

If I ever get modded and need more fuel and all that, I may replace the stock plastic line by the fuel filter with the push locks so it'll take more pressure. I'm not gonna get that crazy though, Yet
Old 07-24-2006, 07:14 PM

Cris already bought and installed this kit over a month ago. I've got one on order that I should be picking up tomorrow.