3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Well I did it. I took the plunge

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So far the new transmission is AMAZING!!!!! A big thanks goes out to Jeff the crew at Garmons for getting me set up with a great product. There is definitely more power making its way to the ground and the shifts are nice and firm. You can definitely feel the tq converter lock up too when I'm really getting into it. This is the first time in a while that ive run my edge on anything above 3 because I knew I was living on borrowed time. Levels 4 and 5 definitely get the white stallion moving but hopefully in the future I can go to a smarty and other "big boy" upgrades. I'm still on the border with getting the hot unlock for my edge seeing as I could put that 100 towards a smarty.
Also my mileage has seemed to improve a bit lending me to believe that my old transmission was on her last legs.
Overall I can say that I'm a satisfied customer of Garmon's diesel.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:09 AM

Good for you brother...I'm sure you will be very happy with your choice to go with Garmons.
I'm more excited than ever to get mine after reading your quick review of the improvements this made to your truck.
Considering I am looking at the same set-up, I am curious how much it was...everything, out the door? (...please feel free to send me a PM if you are more comfortable doing so.)
How long did it take for the install once you got the truck there? Did you do with an aftermarket deep trans-pan with this upgrade? Have you noticed any change in tranny temps?
Again, CONGRATS...I know this upgrade is a must and everyone I have talked to says you might as well go big if your gonna make the investment!
BTW: Not knocking your Edge...but ("IMO"), you should really consider selling it off and getting yourself a Smarty. I think you will be much happier with the driveability. Further, now that you have a bullet proof tranny, you have already addressed the #1 challenge in harnessing it's power potential!
DANG...I'm jealous! When I finally pull the trigger, I think that drive back up to the Queen City from ATL will be the best yet..." EAR to EAR" the whole way!
Old 08-15-2012, 06:48 AM

PM sent.

I definitely plan on getting a smarty once I pony up for some "real" gauges. I know the edge is limited and from what I've read here it tends to run hotter than others. But that will have to wait until after I rebuild my front end.