3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

TST vs ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TST vs ?

Anyone put a TS up against somthing else? If so what is the winner? What do you like about your TST compared to other options? If you dont like the TST what do you like?

I gotta get somthin this week, gotta make up my mind.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well as far as I know the TST PowerMaxCR R49 has no peer when it comes to non-downloader boxes. The latest options make it the primary box on most high horsepower 3rd gens. The flexibility, options and granularity of settings make it usable at any mod level and stacks well with most downloaders and pressure boxes.

Depends on what you want out of your performance mods and how much you are willing to spend on supporting upgrades.

There are many options now and probably more to come. I have tried 6 different boxes and 3 downloaders over the last couple of years and have settled on the TST as my primary box for timing and duration. Just my .02.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:07 PM

With all the dyno tests I have done I've found...

Pure HP = TST + MP8 pressure box

Monster low end torque = TST + Smarty

The Smarty + TST always dynoed about 50 HP less on top, but ~150 ft-lbs more in the low-to-mid rpm range and gave the biggest and fattest torque curve (area under the curve), which makes it more preferable to me for around town traffic jockeying and towing.

I normally run the 30 HP Smarty timing setting and then use whatever TST setting to dial in and pick the poison of the day. That's the beauty of the TST: 9x9 combinations to dial in where you need to be, although only maybe half are "useable" unless running a super CP3 or dual CP3's.

Dyno day rolls around and then the Smarty comes off and TST + a hair of pressure goes on...
Old 03-18-2007, 08:42 AM

Thanx that helps.

I thought TST did pressure too?

I'm gonna have dual cp3's so runnin higher settings shouldnt be a problem.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bean
Thanx that helps.

I thought TST did pressure too?

I'm gonna have dual cp3's so runnin higher settings shouldnt be a problem.
The latest TST R49 does have an option for pressure and rail pressure monitoring. Mine is an older model and cannot be upgraded to the pressure option. Some with the pressure option seem to like an external pressure box over the built in TST. I am sure at some point I will sell mine and get the lastest.