3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

To Revo or stay 4.11?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Revo or stay 4.11?

I dont hot rod (stock auto) and usually stay on SW#3 for normal driving although sometimes #5 as scangauge says increase in fuel economy. I tow on #1 a few times a month. I have 4.11 now.

Is there really a reason I would need or want to go w/ the Revo based on my old man like driving habits? Can I run timing at 4 (economy timing I think) on #3 and get better economy? Can I tow on #1, timing on 4 and yield better results?

Just looking for input. I just filled up at $4.65 a gallon and the truck now only gets used for working out of, hauling my trailer, or getting firewood, bark, dirt etc....Other than that she sits and its too bad really.

Thanks
Old 05-21-2008, 01:24 PM

If you are digging it, I would guess run it. Unless you like toying with things. I have the 4.4 and it works great on my truck, I wonder if I try the tnt/revo, I will ultimately be trying to duplicate what I have now.

Good luck, either way you can always go back if you have your 4.11 saved.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:35 PM

I've thought about upgrading my 4.11 to the Revo, but I'd really like to see significantly less black smoke(not good, excessive fuel not combsuting) and less timing rattle. I like the sound of my Cummins running stock with my Flux 1's, better than I like the sound with Smarty loaded. Some don't mind it, but I do.

It would also be nice to have a "true" economy mode. I've never seen any increase on any setting. Now the VA C3.1 that I recently sold, I did see real increases with that, but I was a dummy and sold it.

I may wait until a few more revisions like Revo 4.12345or something......where a few more bugs have been worked out.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I say try it, because every truck is different. Timing 4 should give better fuel economy because of the advance timing, if you can stand a little more rattle.

MikeyB
Old 05-21-2008, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by DirtEater
where a few more bugs have been worked out.
Bugs? What bugs!? Haha... The Revo really is sweet. I never got any Betas sent to me, so I have no comparison. Tried to get 'em, but never did. Im real happy with the TNT, runs way better than the other softwares I had tried. Still have them saved, but I dont see myself going back to any of them...
Old 05-21-2008, 03:24 PM

Try it, wont hurt anything and you never know....i tried revo / tnt / tntr....just to see what my truck likes best....in the end i'm staying with beta 4.4 until i can upgrade my cp3 / injectors / turbo to support tnt or tntr better than my current mods....but all i lost is a couple hours testing time...
Old 05-21-2008, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by DirtEater
I've thought about upgrading my 4.11 to the Revo, but I'd really like to see significantly less black smoke(not good, excessive fuel not combsuting) and less timing rattle. I like the sound of my Cummins running stock with my Flux 1's, better than I like the sound with Smarty loaded. Some don't mind it, but I do.

It would also be nice to have a "true" economy mode. I've never seen any increase on any setting. Now the VA C3.1 that I recently sold, I did see real increases with that, but I was a dummy and sold it.

I may wait until a few more revisions like Revo 4.12345or something......where a few more bugs have been worked out.
Are you still getting rattle with the F1's and the aftermarket injector software versions?
Old 05-21-2008, 04:29 PM

I'm pretty sure I have the aftermarket injectors, stock turbo program. I sent it to Bob and he chnaged the tune. I told Bob that I had Flux 1's and my HTT turbo so he did what he thought he should.

To answer your question though, I do have timing rattle with Smarty 5, and 7. For the past 2 months or so, I haven't bothered to use Smarty because I dig this motor with the Flux 1's. Not a huge power increase, with just 40hp sticks, but I've gradually gotten used to driving without Smarty. But, I'm gettin the itch to download SW7 or 9 again.......
Old 05-21-2008, 06:07 PM

Reason i ask is becasue i'm looking at the same sticks you have and i'm addicted to beta 4.4....(it's based off of aftermarket injector timing)...no rattle with stock sticks...have you ever tried it on your setup? 4.4 is awesome...cant believe you run w/o smarty...i'd see the truck long before i gave up on smarty...