3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

question for Bob or Marco about Smarty ....

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question for Bob or Marco about Smarty ....

Since the current smarty versions also contain the latest D/C software, is there any effect on the ECM by loading a current D/C software and then going back to a previous version which would be in the older smarty software ? I'm wondering if rewriting the different softwares too much could cause conflict in programming ?

According to a Cummins shop and a dealer I spoke with... the ECM can't be return to a previous version once reflashed. That could be though because once they get a new version the no longer have the old one ??
Old 11-11-2007, 11:54 AM

I think youll get a "unknown software" code on the smarty when using "older" downloads on a truck the has newer DC software. Im in the middle of figuring it out right now.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:57 AM

There has been a sticky above this forum for at least 2 weeks about this...the newest smarty softwares include the newest d/c program so if you load these softwares the Betas won't work again. ks
Old 11-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by abc4yew
There has been a sticky above this forum for at least 2 weeks about this...the newest smarty softwares include the newest d/c program so if you load these softwares the Betas won't work again. ks
edit : I've already updated to the new software on one of the beta's. I'm wondering if that means I can't use the other beta's.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:31 PM

Well I know when I put the smarty on my truck then put it back to stock to put my edge on, it didnt feel the same as it did before I put the smarty on, its like it didnt put something back to stock right? It had more power stock wise, before the smarty.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:19 PM

I tried the smarty on a stock 07 a few days back. I took it off 10 mins later because of excessive smoke towing a large camper!!! When I returned it back to stock it had less power then before the smarty. It felt stronger in stock from before... Hopefully the new programs to be relaeased soon will solve our smoke problems for towing.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sapps
I tried the smarty on a stock 07 a few days back. I took it off 10 mins later because of excessive smoke towing a large camper!!! When I returned it back to stock it had less power then before the smarty. It felt stronger in stock from before... Hopefully the new programs to be relaeased soon will solve our smoke problems for towing.
I sold my smarty because of all the smoke, as for loosing power in stock, at least I'm not the only one who noticed, I am really upset about that but what do you do? I really dont want to knock the smarty because the power is awsome and I loved it on my 2003
Old 11-11-2007, 07:16 PM

Mine doesnt seem to be any weaker without the smarty, when stock. My twins make 55 psi with the smarty, 45-46 without the smarty, just the injectors/cam.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by BlueDually
Mine doesnt seem to be any weaker without the smarty, when stock. My twins make 55 psi with the smarty, 45-46 without the smarty, just the injectors/cam.
Well I think the 04.5's 5.9 are different from the 07 5.9's computer wise, I know on my 2003 I didnt lose any power but on my 2007 I did, when put back to stock
Old 11-13-2007, 02:57 PM

I did ask this in a different thread but no answer, this one also pertains to the latest DC and Smary updated.

Now that the software is working for the smarties, I have actually become curious as to what exactly the updates are from Chrysler. I did some searching and havn't seen a new TSB or the like. I have been reading the forums like a hawk lately so I don't think its been posted.

Just curious what the changes are since we are at a point of no return as already mentioned.

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2007, 07:14 PM

For those of you seeming to lose power in stock form, maybe it is because you are used to the added power of the Smarty, then going back to stock seems like a slug. Just an idea.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by ducktape
For those of you seeming to lose power in stock form, maybe it is because you are used to the added power of the Smarty, then going back to stock seems like a slug. Just an idea.
Exactly. How could your truck loose power after one day with the Smarty on it.
Extra power makes it just feel like a dog when back to stock.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well I don't notice any difference when I unload my Smarties. But then I still have the TST/EZ stacked.

New Smarty software with new DC stock programs can load a different stock program from what was on the truck originally or for that matter what the previous Smarty version had loaded. That could change the way the power is mapped on the new DC software and could seem or even be less.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The new beta software is ready for testing today.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
the 06-07 trucks did not have any updates so you are good to go back and forth.

Quick Reply: question for Bob or Marco about Smarty ....