3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Quadzilla Xlt Racing Module Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Quadzilla Xlt Racing Module Questions

hey guys, can you help me out, Ive talked to quadzilla a few times, and they keep telling me the loud clattering is the injectors, and normal, but I still dont agree what Im hearing is that, with my heavy gooseneck tailer behind me, when i petal into it on the 60 horse, stage 1, I have to let off, because the clatter sounds like a floating lifter, Is this normal for the quad setup?, have read around and have seen where a similiar description of clatter, and also seems like Ive lost some power, could be a bad injector, or two, all the guages read fine, but not the power I use to have, and the racket of clatter is louder than my exhaust, Im scared Im gonna tear something up, so I dont use the power,
Old 03-04-2008, 07:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Fill out your signature so we can see what year, drivetrain, and mods you have. Need more info.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Banned

when running increased pressure and timing, you will hear injector rattle. you should hear mine on a cold morning.
if the truck runs just great, idles smooth, and you only have noise, everything is just fine.
quad knows his stuff and doesnt lead people astray.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:01 AM

sorry about no info

Ill have to check that out on no info, I filled it out when I joined, I have an 06 dodge 3500 4 wheel drive, 5.9 cummins, quadzilla xlt racing mod, air dog 150, quadzilla cold air intake, and commander to read everything,
Old 03-05-2008, 10:05 AM

also, 6 speed automatic, and yes I hear the injector rattle, this soounds like lifters floating, well one anyway, only when i put more foot into it under a load, I have been reading someting about rail relief valve going out, and wondering if it might be that, seems to have lost alot of power, runs good but not as well as it use to, also notice that when i do punch into it, the egt,s go down before they start to go up. didnt use to do that either
Old 03-05-2008, 05:15 PM

Talked to my dodge dealership today, going into shop tomorrow, they say its a bad injector, causes power loss, and vavle clatter when i put it under load, we,ll see, they also say because of my air dog performance system, warrenty might be dropped