3rd Generation Ram - Non Drivetrain - All Years Talk about the 2003 and up Dodge Ram here. PLEASE, NO ENGINE OR DRIVETRAIN DISCUSSION!.

Who's got Weld Racing Methods or Weld Racing X-Landers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who's got Weld Racing Methods or Weld Racing X-Landers?

C'mon guys, these are 2 of the few wheels on the market made specifically for our late model trucks (6" BS), yet I have yet to see any on a truck, live or virtual! I've only seen the Commando's and in pictures only. Nothing yet on the Methods or X-Landers. If you have 'em, post 'em!

Old 10-15-2007, 10:50 PM

Thats because with pretty much any kind of abuse, a weld wheel just won't hold up. Seen it.. Let me see if I can find the link.
Scott
Old 10-15-2007, 10:51 PM

Here's the link:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...Wheel+Warranty
Old 10-15-2007, 11:46 PM

Scott, thank you for digging up that link! Perhaps you should give me your first-hand experience. That link was one person's experience which followed with a lynch mob... not too unusual in the day of internet communication.

These wheels are all one-piece forged so that specific issue with the wheel separating shouldn't apply here... right?

What does concern me in that thread is the lack of Weld's backing after the warranty period. For the price, customer service should extend for the duration, even if the warranty doesn't...

I was referred to Weld from KORE Racing. Do ya think maybe they might be hard on their wheels?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:57 PM

While I agree, they are different style and type of wheel, that thread just shouts RUN away from Weld. If that is how they are going to treat a customer, then they do not deserve the business, no matter how "tough" their wheels are. Thats just me though.
KORE is probably hard on their wheels, but I don't like their suspension either, so does that make me wrong about my opinion?
Old 10-16-2007, 12:03 AM

Not at all. I asked for it and it's appreciated.

I'm a principle guy too.

So, what do you like, there, Scott? (wheels and suspension)

I don't see anything in your sig about suspension mods (maybe I'm missing it?)... surely you don't think stock is better than KORE (?).

Being sincere, not antagonistic!
Old 10-16-2007, 12:22 AM

I don't think stock is better than KORE, and KORE makes a decent product, but from what I've experienced, they lack customer service. As far as wheels, I am happy with my stockers, and also partial to American Racing's products. As far as suspension goes, I'm seriously leaning towards Carli's starter kit for my truck, but that requires $$ I don't have at the moment.
Scott
Old 10-16-2007, 12:54 AM

How would it make you feel if I told you Weld is owned and manufactured by American Racing?

Also, I called to ask KORE questions about their product and spent maybe 1/2 hour or longer with the very knowledgeable gal (who also happens to race) talking about my needs. In fact, she tried to steer me to a less expensive kit than I was looking at (still haven't bought). I also asked her point blank why I would choose them over Carli or Lorenz and she didn't have anything bad to say about them but instead encouraged me to call them and ask the same stuff and decide for myself. I also have one of their premier distributers (Desert Proven) near where I live and also with excellent customer service. So... there you have it. That's my recent experiences.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by dog rocket
How would it make you feel if I told you Weld is owned and manufactured by American Racing?

Also, I called to ask KORE questions about their product and spent maybe 1/2 hour or longer with the very knowledgeable gal (who also happens to race) talking about my needs. In fact, she tried to steer me to a less expensive kit than I was looking at (still haven't bought). I also asked her point blank why I would choose them over Carli or Lorenz and she didn't have anything bad to say about them but instead encouraged me to call them and ask the same stuff and decide for myself. I also have one of their premier distributers (Desert Proven) near where I live and also with excellent customer service. So... there you have it. That's my recent experiences.

Ya know,
Before I bought my KORE i called them too...! I had the same experience with them.. Then after running the Chase system for a few months I had a bunch more questions.... My emails were answered right away and when I called they were more than happy to help me out..... Nothing but great customer service
Old 10-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dieseljunkie
KORE is probably hard on their wheels, but I don't like their suspension either, so does that make me wrong about my opinion?
LOL, what does customer service have to do with their actual suspension kits?, maybe you should just say you don't like their customer service.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:05 PM

I guess you are correct, I should state that I didn't like their customer service. The suspension seems to be fine from what I can see.
Scott