3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Quad Commander - How do I hook up fuel rail sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 08:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Quad Commander - How do I hook up fuel rail sensor?

The instructions don't fit my 2006 - I have three wires and the instructions just say connect to the dark green wire, which I do not have! So does someone have a Quadzilla connected to the fuel rail or know which of the three wires it is supposed to go to?
Old 03-18-2007, 12:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish I could help I haven't ordered the fuel pressure kit yet! Should of done it when I ordered the commander anyways...

Quad should chime in and help..

Shane
Old 03-18-2007, 12:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know and I cant believe no one else has answered but I will bump it for you
you could PM quad also...

*Edit* me and Shane must have been typing at the same time
Old 03-18-2007, 12:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 53 ******
I don't know and I cant believe no one else has answered but I will bump it for you
you could PM quad also...

*Edit* me and Shane must have been typing at the same time
That's funny!!! I haven't seen quad on here for a while. I pm'd him a while back but didn't hear anything??? Hopefully all is well and he will chime in and help ya...

Shane
Old 03-18-2007, 10:39 AM

I'm really new here, and don't know Quad yet. I came over from DeiselRam and see a couple of those people on here also.

This is a really great site, it has a lot more action than most. Very active! Great pictures, and that whistler thing that ***** made looks SO SWEET, I may have to make one of those....

Forgive the shameless bump
Old 03-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Banned

Just go up to private messages and the contact you want to Pm is quad. He is Quadzilla(the man himself). He's usually around a lot but haven't seen him for a while. Probably been real busy... If you need more help I will help ya out. Just can't help with the Fp becaus I haven't got mine yet!!

Shane
Old 03-18-2007, 11:54 AM

to read the rail pressure you need to connect the dark green wire on your fuel pressure kit to the middle wire of your fuel rail sensor
Old 03-18-2007, 12:05 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here is a wiring diagram for the fuel pressure sensor. You should be able to t-tap the sensor return wire for your commander signal.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:59 PM

Thanks vzdude, but I could stare at that hyrogryphic chart for a week and still not know which wire to hook it to. Does it have a voltage on the right wire when the key is on or something?

The instructions that are shipped with the fuel kit say : "Connect the supplied blue T-tap to the dark green wire of your Zillaraider or XZT harness. This wire will have the make connector on the end that is plugged directly into the fuel rail sensor on the truck."

Great instructions if I had the Zillaraider or XZT harness. Lousy instructions if I don't.

I can try the middle wire, I hope that is right on my 2006, I'd hate to fry something!!
Old 03-18-2007, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lost Lake
Thanks vzdude, but I could stare at that hyrogryphic chart for a week and still not know which wire to hook it to. Does it have a voltage on the right wire when the key is on or something?

The instructions that are shipped with the fuel kit say : "Connect the supplied blue T-tap to the dark green wire of your Zillaraider or XZT harness. This wire will have the make connector on the end that is plugged directly into the fuel rail sensor on the truck."

Great instructions if I had the Zillaraider or XZT harness. Lousy instructions if I don't.

I can try the middle wire, I hope that is right on my 2006, I'd hate to fry something!!
Middle wire is correct.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...der+green+wire

Chuck