3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Quad commander fuel pressure guage ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mines been doing it from day one. went a week without even working to start with. Checked all my connections three times and finally sad heck with it. then it just started working. My luck i guess. I was one of te lucky few to get a bad commander right out of the box. They did replace it though and works great now except for the crazy FP
Old 11-02-2007, 08:59 AM

Bump Still waiting for quad to chime in on the sending units.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:21 PM

Same here been doing it from day one. Waiting for a better replacement, but.... today stayed at 0 psi did not think anything was wrong. Stopped to get a soda, get back in truck turned key on did not here the fass prime up.

Come to find out the relay went bad on the fass. Probably drove 10 miles not knowing the fass was dead. Guess the injection pump can pull enough on its own to keep the engine going. Strange thing the rail pressure looked ok when idling & cruising about 50mph.

Hope the injection pump is ok. Also will get a spare relay for the fass to keep on hand. Anyone else have a relay go bad on the fass?

Glad it happened today, leaving for florida in two days. That was the whole reason to upgrade the stock lift pump so I did not have any problems.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:24 PM

Is this the 0-40 psi one, that comes in the rail/fuel press. kit? Just recieved mine and installed it today, seems to work fine 650-670 rail at idle and 9 lbs fp at idle, i know time for a pump. It was showing 12psi today on the liquid filled 0-15 gauge thats been there for a few years. I didnt like seeing a 3lbs drop from the mech. to this digital setup!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:27 AM

Mine is the 0-100 psi pressure unit. I only have about a 1/2 psi drop from the liquid filled on the filter to the quad pressure guage when the quad guage is working.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:51 AM

I am having the same problem on mine, hopefully waiting for an answer. I have a 2nd gen, and dont have the luxury of the rail pressure for back up.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Here is what I know right this second.

The manufacturer that makes the sensor has about 15 units that we sent them, that we deem as "failures". Now, since I do not make this particular part, I do not know what is breaking them.

We use the same sensor but in 0-100psi on Ford trucks and do not have this issue. They agree that it is failing but, cannot tell us why yet.

They have sent us 2 "new" sensors that we are testing on our trucks right now. So far, so good. They seem to be a LOT more stable too. We do not have a concrete answer as to why or what is different but, we do know they seem better.

Now, it is going to be a period of time before we have them. What we are doing right this second is replacing any bad ones. Really as a percentage it is not all that many. We have went through thousands and thousands of them and only some of them are giving us fits. As we get the newer sensor (if that is what is deemed needed) I will let you know and we will replace any bad ones of course.

I am sort of fighting with them right now as they are trying to raise the pricing but, I will not let a few $$ stop us from getting them.

The weird part is they usually seem to be good for a while and then slowly die out. It could be the vibration?? Not sure.

It just goes to show if you want something done right you dang near have to do it yourself. That is the ONLY issue I ever have with the Commanders and it drives me nuts.

So, I will keep you posted. In the meantime if you get a bad sensor call Jeremy at 888-842-6572 and he will get you a replacement. Your replacement may last a lifetime??? Usually or normally people do not have back to back bad ones, it has happened but, pretty uncommon.
Fantastic customer support!, I have a brand new commander and fuel kit I will installing as soon as it warms up here a bit.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by dfranks
Fantastic customer support!, I have a brand new commander and fuel kit I will installing as soon as it warms up here a bit.
So is this the new fuel pressure sensor? I haven't called yet hoping that the new sensor will come in. Quad do you guys have the new sensor?
Old 11-25-2007, 10:44 AM

This is why I buy stuff based largely on how tech support is (or isn't) on the forums!