3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

PSD boys think i should be quicker

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by moparmatt
i think im around 400 hp..it was the ford boys that thought i would be around 550, i didnt word that to great the first time...what brand and size turbo would you guys recommmend
I'd guess that you're making a little more than 400 hp. Probably closer to 450.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:02 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Originally Posted by Dockboy
Show me ONE 800 hp CTD that has lasted 10 years??
Heres 2.

PSD boys think i should be quicker-cummins-vta1710-sm.gif Name:  a.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  5.7 KB

I know Tom Lindsey and his engine is closer to 20 years old and he is pushing 3500HP. You know we could do this all day long but the real question here has not been answered. Why would you go to a Dodge diesel website and think you could tell everyone Flowerpokes are the best and not catch a bunch of flack about it? Name:  thumbsdown.gif
Views: 157
Size:  134 Bytes Name:  duh2.gif
Views: 159
Size:  3.6 KB
Old 05-16-2008, 12:11 PM

No, the real question is how many of you guys actually take Dockboy serious. LOL
Old 05-16-2008, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by matego
Heres 2.

Attachment 22125 Attachment 22126

I know Tom Lindsey and his engine is closer to 20 years old and he is pushing 3500HP. You know we could do this all day long but the real question here has not been answered. Why would you go to a Dodge diesel website and think you could tell everyone Flowerpokes are the best and not catch a bunch of flack about it? Attachment 22127 Attachment 22128
Yeah, and it's never been apart right!!

You fricken guy's crack me up You run and brag about how bad your truck is and put others down because "so and so" has done something with what happens to be the same engine

Grow a set and do something besides plug a box in, then you can proceed to tell everyone how great your engine is and how crappy theirs is
Old 05-16-2008, 12:59 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Oh I'm sorry Rudolf Diesel.... Enlighten me on how to make a 7.3 a monster engine and stay together.

Thats right.... What was I thinking????
You had to put a Cummins in your truck to keep it together.

You stroll on here and cut on my man Slow6 talking about how great you and your Fords are... Why dont you take it over to the rest of your International Harvester lovin' buddies and you can sit in a circle and explain to them how to put a Cummins in their trucks to make them last.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:07 PM

Any level headed person will tell you that the Cummins is the best diesel engine to ever be adapted in the light duty truck market.

Its pretty much set in stone.

Izuzu or IH will never build a V8 diesel that has the durability of the Cummins.

Ford and Chevy both have their strong points, but neither are the engine.

Now if Dodge could build a truck that lasted as long as the engine...
Old 05-16-2008, 01:11 PM

How many times has that been posted
Old 05-16-2008, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by matego
Oh I'm sorry Rudolf Diesel.... Enlighten me on how to make a 7.3 a monster engine and stay together.

Thats right.... What was I thinking????
You had to put a Cummins in your truck to keep it together.

You stroll on here and cut on my man Slow6 talking about how great you and your Fords are... Why dont you take it over to the rest of your International Harvester lovin' buddies and you can sit in a circle and explain to them how to put a Cummins in their trucks to make them last.

First off, I didn't just "stroll on here" Looks to me like I've been a member here just a bit longer than you have!!

Second, the Cummins in my truck didn't stay together either! But then again, I did a little more to it than just plug in a box and declare my $hit the greatest in the world also

The original poster in this thread didn't come on here bashing his buddies Ford or PSD, in fact, it came across with actual respect. But then all you "Mine's the greatest" yahoo's had to make yourselves feel better by degrading his buddy truck and ride the coat tails of people that actually do something Ask ANYBODY that actually does something with their high power diesel, regardless of brand, how reliable they are. I think you will be surprised what you find. But then again I forgot, you know of a 20 year old, 3500 hp Cummins that has never had a problem!!
Old 05-16-2008, 02:17 PM

wow lots of 7.3 bashing, all matt is lookin for is some guidence as to why my dinosaur was keeping up with him...and yea I happen to be a big fan of cummins theres no doubt that its a great motor its jsut to bad the wrapped it in a piece of chit! when/if my motors blows its getting a cummins, then I will have a truck that WILL last the length of the motor....just ask matt how much he has into his front end this year alone.......as for tripplenickel yea im richies kid!
Old 05-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

I'm gonna have to sit back and watch this one. Could get interesting before its all done.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by cincydiesel
I'm gonna have to sit back and watch this one. Could get interesting before its all done.
yeah but it might get all done before it gets more interesting.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:08 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

You keep bringing up a great point that I would like to highlight. A Dodge Cummins with a 685$ programmer = a Ford 7.3l with 10K in engine work.

Although I think you are trying to point some kind of finger at me declaring me a "diesel poser" for not tearing apart my engine and blowing it up every other week.

Its all good, I've had my fun. At any rate I consider you a diesel brother because if you were cut open you would bleed the same $4.55 a gallon blood I do.

My brother and I would fight until bones broke or stitches were needed though
Old 05-16-2008, 04:34 PM

who has 10K of engine work done, all I have is a $550 tuner and the same bolt ons as anyone else. yea i might be back a length or 2 but I was back alot more than that when we were both stock. one day (if it ever comes) and we move past the hurdle of fueling at high rpms, the 7.3 wont be as overlooked as it is now....look at double overtime
Old 05-16-2008, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by crack_7.3
who has 10K of engine work done, all I have is a $550 tuner and the same bolt ons as anyone else. yea i might be back a length or 2 but I was back alot more than that when we were both stock. one day (if it ever comes) and we move past the hurdle of fueling at high rpms, the 7.3 wont be as overlooked as it is now....look at double overtime

R you talking about the p-pumped conversion 7.3l. From my understanding that conversion alone cost close to the $100 thousand dollar range.
That is very unfeasible for most of us.

I've owned both but you can see what I drive now. I loved my 7.3l and would have kept it as long as the motor was still running. Heck I still own one and don't plan on getting rid of it.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:16 PM

Crack_7.3 are your folks still in town? Regardless say hi to them for me. I'm staying out of this little peeing match!

Quick Reply: PSD boys think i should be quicker