3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Predator

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BUCKSHOTMCKEE

Many Thanks.

Have a great Chritsmas and a S U P E R New Year.

Cheers

Frank
Old 12-15-2004, 12:24 PM

Update on Questions about "PREDATOR" F Y I

FRANK,

I APOLOGIZE FOR NOT GETTING BACK TO YOU SOONER. THERE ARE ACTUALLY TWO PRODUCTS ON THE MARKET CALLED "PREDATOR", ONE BY DR. PERFORMANCE, AND ONE BY GRANATELLI MOTOR SPORTS. THE ONE WE ARE REFERRING TO ON OUR WEBSITE, IS THE DR. PERFORMANCE MODULE, STAGE I.

THE GRANATELLI IS A TRADITIONAL PROGRAMMER, WHICH WILL RAISE EGT's AND DECREASE MILEAGE. IT GETS ITS POWER BY DUMPING MORE FUEL INTO THE RAIL.

THE DR. PERFORMANCE MODULE IS NOT A CHIP OR PROGRAMMER. IT IS AN IN-LINE MODULE WHICH CHANGES THE INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THE ECU. THE OCCURANCES OF THE HIGH EGT's MAY BE TRUE WITH THE STAGE II, WITHOUT INSTALLING THE RECOMMENDED AFTERMARKET EXHAUST AND AIR-INTAKE. MY OTHER CONCERN, IS WHAT OTHER PROGRAMMERS / CHIPS ARE BEING "STACKED" WITH THE PREDATOR IN THESE SITUATIONS? THERE WERE SOME PROBLEMS WITH THE EARLY '04 MODULE DID HAVE PROBLEMS THAT HAVE SINCE BEEN FIXED.

THE ONLY REASON, BESIDES A DEFECIVE UNIT, THAT WOULD CAUSE THE TRUCK NOT TO RUN, WOULD BE INSTALLING IT BACKWARDS. THIS WILL DO THE TRUCK NO HARM, BUT WON'T ALLOW THE TRUCK TO RUN UNTIL IT IS REMOVED OR RE-INSTALLED CORRECTLY.

WE HAVE SOLD HUNDREDS OF THESE MODULES AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH EGT's, AND NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE BENEFITS.

Cheer Frank
Old 12-15-2004, 08:33 PM

i was looking up some info on the predator box and i came across two sites. predator(dr. performance) in idaho and dr. performance in texas. the one in texas doesn't say anything about the name predator. it's just dr. performance. this box is more powerful than the predator box. when i check the install video it was the same videos that are shown on the predator web page in idaho. anybody know anything about this?
Old 12-15-2004, 08:56 PM

I believe its the same. Here's the link

www.drperformance.com
Old 12-16-2004, 08:27 AM

THE ONE IN TEXAS DOESN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT PREDATOR ON THE BOX JUST DR. PERFORMANCE, PLUS THEIR SMALLEST BOX IS 75 HP. PREDATOR IN IDAHO SMALLEST BOX IS 50HP.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:27 PM

I have the new adjustable Dr. Performance on my 05 and love it. have had no problems in 4000 miles. on the 100HP setting I am getting 17.2 combination city and HWY all the foothills of CA. Have not had it on a long trip with 30ft TT yet. But pulling the TT up over I-80 on Donner Summit 65mph without even trying and EGT's of around 1150. You could bring the EGT's up if you wanted to but on a steep long climb like this 65 was passing anything else pulling a trailer. I got the module from Whites Pit Stop very good prices.