3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

new cummins

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new cummins

Well in about 5 months I am finally going to be able to afford a Cummins. I am just getting ready to graduate from college up here in Williamsport PA. So I have decided to get an 03 or newer duallie. This is due to the fact that I am going to be towing a race trailer (48' to be exact). First thing that will be done is and air filter and stacks. This will be done the first week. Then I really dont know what to do. I understand that the 03 is different than the 04 or newer due to the new 600 motor. So if I get the 03 I was thinking about a fueling box and some other things. But on the 04 I am lost on ideas because from what I have heard the 600 motors have a common rail fueling system. I am just wondering what information you guys can give me on performance products for the truck. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-17-2004, 10:58 PM
Banned

The 03 and 04.5's (the 600's) are the same engine. Only thing different is the 600's have an extra injection cycle, a catalytic converter, an electronic wastegate, and some different programming from the factory to up the power. On your 03, I'd do straight pipe or a donaldson (both will work with stacks) and a Ram Air 3. Then gauges. Fuel pressure, Boost, EGT. Then I'd go with either a TST (crazy power) fueling box or an EZ (easy power). The van aken and banks six gun is also a nice addition. Depending on which transmission you are getting you should look to upgrade it if you are going to be going with a lot of extra power. Spend some time doing a search and you should be able to answer all of your questions. And if you still have questions after that, let us know and we'll help you.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:49 PM

You going to Penn Tech? I was back in Williamsport this past summer, all my family is in Canton, about 45 min north of you on Rt 14. Welcome to DTR, not a whole lot of PA boys running around here. Only reason I'm not there is Uncle Sugar loves me and stationed me in AK . I do miss North PA, though.-Steve
Old 11-18-2004, 10:55 AM

Originally posted by BigBlue
The 03 and 04.5's (the 600's) are the same engine. Only thing different is the 600's have an extra injection cycle, a catalytic converter, an electronic wastegate, and some different programming from the factory to up the power. On your 03, I'd do straight pipe or a donaldson (both will work with stacks) and a Ram Air 3. Then gauges. Fuel pressure, Boost, EGT. Then I'd go with either a TST (crazy power) fueling box or an EZ (easy power). The van aken and banks six gun is also a nice addition. Depending on which transmission you are getting you should look to upgrade it if you are going to be going with a lot of extra power. Spend some time doing a search and you should be able to answer all of your questions. And if you still have questions after that, let us know and we'll help you.
The 600's have harder valves and better porting/flow in the heads.
Old 11-18-2004, 05:28 PM

CTD yeah I am going To Penn Tach here in williamsport. This is where my dads side of the family is from the whole Muncy Picture rocks area. I live in southern PA though. Big Blue I must thank you for all the ideas. It was a big help. I am just going to start searching and see what I can come up with. Once I get the truck I will post the pics and stuff the first week trust me. I have waited for this for the last 6 years. I will also be posting pics of the truck my room mate is picking up this weekend. Its deff a nice truck from what I hear its around 400hp and 800ft/lbs so it is going to be an all Dodge Room. Gotta love that. thanks guys ill keep you posted.