24 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Discuss the 24 Valve engine and drivetrain here. No non-drivetrain discussions please. NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

new member and new to cummins, ??'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new member and new to cummins, ??'s

Hi all! New member here. I've been snooping around some different sites here lately and this one is great. I just want to learn all that I can about these engines. I'm a former Powerstroke guy and learned a ton over at thedieselstop.com and hopefully learn alot here.
Here's a few questions that I have:

Will a straight pipe void my warranty?....'Cause this stock crap is tooo quiet.

What's the best way to go as far as buying a chip? I see that a lot of people run the "Edge-Ez"...but I know that there's a "SCMT" and "powerpuck"... and then there's Blue Chip Diesel's Blue Box. I've heard some awesome feedback on the blue box so I just wanted get some feedback from you guys and say hello all at once.

Ryan
Old 04-09-2004, 11:44 AM

Welcome to this AWESOME site. There is literally a ton of info here with a plethera of members who can help you out of most jams.

You're right about straight piping voiding the warrenty, but most dealers kinda turn their head when it come to that (most members have had no problems with warrenty by straight piping).

If you try a search for "edge" "powerpuck" "tst" or "bluechip" you will find hours upon hours of reading material and you can see the pros and cons of each. You can make up your mind from there. Welcome and good luck.

Hunter

P.S. Please fill in your signature with the year of your truck so we can help you even more in the future.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:21 PM

hey cummer01,,welcome to the site,,,this is really a great site with alot of helpful people.my advice to you is to read all you can and ask questions.theres alot of great products out there for our trucks and you can find plenty of info on all of them here.stop in on the chat some time,theres people on there that can help you out every night and its usually alot of fun talking with them.there is also some of the vendors on there that can help you out on product prices and such............as for your straight pipe question,,personally,id advise removing the muffler and leaving on your resonator,,its a really great sound.on the boxes,,its the common take here that the ho`s respond better to injectors than the timing boxes,,so thats something to think about too...............good luck with your truck.............bama
Old 04-11-2004, 12:00 AM

Straight pipe

Welcome

This is definitely a good forum

I've gotten a lot of good info here.

To void your warranty on whatever, the dealer has to prove that what you did caused the problem.

For instance, your tie rods probably won't get warrantied with lift kit installed.

But, say your VP44 goes out. Then the dealer has to prove that the straight pipe caused it. Which would probably be hard to do.

They can BS you but they have to prove it. There is a name for the law about it, but I can't remember what it is called.