3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Me Likey Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 11:16 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Me Likey Nitrous

I have never had the truck blow sideways shifting into 5th before tonight.
Saturday I hit the strip..... I cant wait! I hope I have a little left in the bottle by then. Man.... that stuff is addictive, instant turbo spool. I had 40PSI boost in 5th at 1200RPM just for a test as soon as I could get the pedal to the floor.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:09 AM

it really is addictive, my brother put it on his 6.0 and **** he used alot of it lol, for a wile he was running stock turbo with huge sticks, that bottle was taking his dually from 14.5's to 12.5's lol lol
Old 08-22-2008, 10:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Instead of plugging my ears i need to plug my eyes so I don't follow suit on the NOS! Never was gonna use it, I always told my self.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by matego
I have never had the truck blow sideways shifting into 5th before tonight.
Saturday I hit the strip..... I cant wait! I hope I have a little left in the bottle by then. Man.... that stuff is addictive, instant turbo spool. I had 40PSI boost in 5th at 1200RPM just for a test as soon as I could get the pedal to the floor.
VIDEO...don't forget to bring the camera!
Old 08-22-2008, 02:09 PM

What mods should you have to run nos?
Old 08-22-2008, 02:10 PM

What is your set up, I don't race on the track just want some go juice when needed. I think a bottle of the sauce is cheaper than twin fuelers, big twins etc. How hard was the install? You know, the usual "I'm green with envy" questions!
Jim
Old 08-22-2008, 02:16 PM

I hear head studs are HIGHLY recommended....
Old 08-22-2008, 04:00 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Originally Posted by jaredb900rr
VIDEO...don't forget to bring the camera!
I even made a little mount to have a in cab camera for a few runs. I think it would be pretty cool.

Originally Posted by CoolumConst
What mods should you have to run nos?
Extra fuel that you are not burning. N2O is just adding extra oxygen to the intake allowing you to burn more fuel. I really do not notice more top end power but there is virtually no turbo lag. That is a big deal for us gear jammers because that down time of building boost between shifts is almost non existant.

Originally Posted by RJOS
What is your set up, I don't race on the track just want some go juice when needed. I think a bottle of the sauce is cheaper than twin fuelers, big twins etc. How hard was the install? You know, the usual "I'm green with envy" questions!
Jim
I am running a .053 shot in the intake horn and have it kicking out when the water injection starts. I am afraid to shoot both at once because of the methanol I use (50/50 mix) I have a big exhaust housing on my turbo and that is pretty much a must for burning the sauce. Drive pressure will kill the head gasket and if it is real bad it can hold open exhaust valves at high rpm's causing chunkage.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by matego

I am running a .053 shot in the intake horn and have it kicking out when the water injection starts. I am afraid to shoot both at once because of the methanol I use (50/50 mix) I have a big exhaust housing on my turbo and that is pretty much a must for burning the sauce. Drive pressure will kill the head gasket and if it is real bad it can hold open exhaust valves at high rpm's causing chunkage.
Come on.... Shut off when the Meth kicks in... What fun is that? .053 shot.....

I'd put that little shot as close to the turbo as possible. It cools the air charge down faster and makes the turbo think it is on a bigger motor. This is why intercoolers help a turbo spool better. After you get that shot moved over, add another one in the intake and make it a .065 or so.

Oh yeah.... time for an external gate.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:29 PM
madhat's monkey boy...

Originally Posted by chrleb1
Come on.... Shut off when the Meth kicks in... What fun is that? .053 shot.....

I'd put that little shot as close to the turbo as possible. It cools the air charge down faster and makes the turbo think it is on a bigger motor. This is why intercoolers help a turbo spool better. After you get that shot moved over, add another one in the intake and make it a .065 or so.

Oh yeah.... time for an external gate.
You sound just like Lloyd, the more N2O the better. Its not good enough I am already trying to blow up my motor, you want me to launch the head out of the hood!

I have a bung welded in the turbo discharge pipe about 6" after the turbo but someone told me to put it in the intake to get the fuel to light quicker, making the turbo spool quicker. I may try either one tomorrow and eventually both I already need an external gate, I can set the boost to 45PSI and the wastegate will fully open and still make 60+ pounds of boost. (thats all the higher my gauge goes)
Old 08-22-2008, 09:59 PM

The external gate will save that head gasket by dropping the exhaust pressure. As long as you are close to 1:1 you are good. If you dump more spray in it, make sure you back off the timing some more. If you are running the TNT program, you can select timing 4 and it is the most retarded timing setting.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:46 AM

hmmm, I shoot all my NOS before the intercooler.........
Old 08-23-2008, 07:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
...... as it should be!
Old 08-23-2008, 08:40 AM
madhat's monkey boy...

Originally Posted by lmills
Originally Posted by XLR8R
...... as it should be!
You guys are killing me. I was always told that I need to spray pre-CAC but a respected junkie talked me into spraying in the horn. I dont think my line is long enough now to reach the other side of the truck without moving the solenoid. Maybe I can get to the speed shop yet today and get another nozzle/hose and try both to see which gets a better E.T.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by lmills

In between the turbos also? On mine, i have the air-to-water in between the two turbos and I though about adding some spray right there also to give even more of a cooling effect. The nice thing about the air-to-water is that i can run 32 degree water through it.

Quick Reply: Me Likey Nitrous