3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lift pump issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift pump issues

I have a 2006 mega cab 4x4. This past Friday, the voltage gauge started acting crazy (showing basically zero). I was driving as this was happening. So I decided to exit the interstate to see if I could figure out what was going on. As I did, it just started to bog down and then died. It was all I could do to get it pulled into a bank.

So, I tried starting it and it Did nothing. I had just bought 2 red top optimas, but I only installed the passenger side a week ago. It was 103 degrees in this day, so I just assumed that the driver side battery just fried. I installed the new battery thinking that was it. I try to start and it just turns over.

i had removed the edge juice from the lid of the fuse box, and I'm thinking, "is it not starting because it isn't hooked up?" I hook it up... nothing

I spent part of the day today trying to go thru some of the fuel system diagnosis processes. I determined it wasn't the lift pump. I was going to crack open the fuel filter can when I noticed a loose black wire.

The black wire is part of the harness that comes from the driver side of the engine. It splits off... 1 cable has a connector that goes to the fuel filter housing. The other is this black wire. I don't know if it is a ground or it was knocked out of another connector. The copper looks like it was just recently exposed.

So....

1) Does anyone have any idea where this wire goes?

Last edited by troystanley; 07-31-2017 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Wrong info