3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Where to find a 1000HP truck ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 12:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Where to find a 1000HP truck ?

Was wanting to get a quality truck for the street and strip around 1k horsepower.
Either gen2 or probably gen 3. I want an automatic.

Any good sites to look for one ?

I have been looking on craigslist(though you have to go to each state), ebay,racing junk.com
Old 07-30-2017, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Elohim1:

Sir, I would try this website link for the truck you are talking about:

Vehicles For Sale - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Also, I currently own a 1996 Dodge CTD 12 valve, 4X4, Ext. Cab, Auto which I bought new and has been immaculately maintained and garage kept its entire life. The engine in my truck was built by 'Scheid Diesel" from the ground up with no costs spared. I am currently at about 800+ H.P. so I can "daily drive" the truck but have had the engine as high as 900 H.P. with larger injectors and turbos. It could easily hit 1,000 H.P. or higher with minor add-ons. At present, the truck will run 11.5-11.7 @ 118-122MPH in the 1/4 mile. My truck has been featured in three diesel magazines including: "Diesel World (Feb 2008), Diesel Builder (March/April 2009) and Diesel Power" (Nov. 2009).

I would consider selling it but the cost may be higher than you are wanting to pay. If interested, I can send you some pictures and specs, but PLEASE don't ask me to do this unless you are serious. I had it for sale a few years ago and got tired of the ridiculous "low balling" offers made by many buyers. Many of the members here including the CEO (Lary Ellis (Top) can tell you what a nice truck this is and how well it performs.

Thanks.

-------
John_P
Old 07-30-2017, 08:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by John_P
Elohim1:

Sir, I would try this website link for the truck you are talking about:

Vehicles For Sale - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Also, I currently own a 1996 Dodge CTD 12 valve, 4X4, Ext. Cab, Auto which I bought new and has been immaculately maintained and garage kept its entire life. The engine in my truck was built by 'Scheid Diesel" from the ground up with no costs spared. I am currently at about 800+ H.P. so I can "daily drive" the truck but have had the engine as high as 900 H.P. with larger injectors and turbos. It could easily hit 1,000 H.P. or higher with minor add-ons. At present, the truck will run 11.5-11.7 @ 118-122MPH in the 1/4 mile. My truck has been featured in three diesel magazines including: "Diesel World (Feb 2008), Diesel Builder (March/April 2009) and Diesel Power" (Nov. 2009).

I would consider selling it but the cost may be higher than you are wanting to pay. If interested, I can send you some pictures and specs, but PLEASE don't ask me to do this unless you are serious. I had it for sale a few years ago and got tired of the ridiculous "low balling" offers made by many buyers. Many of the members here including the CEO (Lary Ellis (Top) can tell you what a nice truck this is and how well it performs.

Thanks.

-------
John_P
John, thanks for the info. I will do some searching. I am serious but I am looking for a motivated seller. I have built a few things myself and the buyer of my stuff has benefitted. I want to be in that position this time. If this is what you mean by "may be higher than you are wanting to pay " you are correct. However, I will pay for a good value. I have a 14 Stryker green Viper and a 17 ACRE viper. I want something to hang with them.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:51 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Elohim1
I have a 14 Stryker green Viper and a 17 ACRE viper. I want something to hang with them.
I've seen John's super clean truck at the track a few times... I've also seen him be 'asked to not run' anymore because he's too fast

I'm not trying to imply that you should buy his truck, but if I were to be looking for a super clean and well maintained (to the point of OCD- no offense John) truck with the specs you're looking for, this would be the one.

Just my .
Old 07-31-2017, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Mark, thanks for your kind words Sir! I hope you are staying safe over in Afghanistan buddy! Sharon and I keep you in our prayers every day!

----------
Elohim1:

Thanks for your reply Sir. I meant no offense to you personally on the pricing of these trucks, only that some buyers (as I said) had made ridiculous offers to me on my truck when I had it for sale a few years ago. If you have Dodge Vipers I know you are aware of what vehicles and worth. Good luck on your search for the truck you are looking for.