3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

ISSPRO Gauges Installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking ISSPRO Gauges Installed

Well, after a long wait, the gauges etc arrived from Diesel Manor late last week. It took me most of the weekend, but it's finally done! It was definately a lot more work than I had expected. Install included ISSPRO (black bezel, white dial, orange pointer) pryo, trans, boost, fuel pressure. I mounted them in the SRT10 A pillar and 3 gauge dash mounted pod. The trans cooler line with built in sender port was a good buy. Factory plastic paint (grey) for the dash pod was a very close but not perfect match. Instructions from Diesel Manor were good, easy to follow, and the included selection of photos were very helpfull. Overall I'm very pleased with the way it looks. Clean, factory looking install. And as a bonus...everything works! Thanks to everyone for their advice. Here a some pics:
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-04-2007, 09:18 PM

The gauges look good. I have been thinking about getting a dash pod, how did you run the wires?
Old 11-04-2007, 10:05 PM

That looks great. I did mine a little different but I have an older truck. I will be going to a triple pillar when I get my FP gauge.
Attached Thumbnails ISSPRO Gauges Installed-img097.jpg  
Old 11-04-2007, 11:11 PM

Those canadian factory gauges threw me off.. I was looking at the oil pressure gauge going, ???
Scott
Old 11-04-2007, 11:12 PM

Looks great!

I got mine from Diesel Manor too about 3 weeks ago and have yet to start the project. I also got the 3 gauge dash pod because I wanted to keep the grab handle. I think I will do mine this week now seeing how good they look. I know all about trying to get dash paint that matches. I have two different colors from the dealer and neither one is close enough. I believe I will just get some dye mixed at the local paint shop.

You done a good job. The dash pods are a little more time consuming.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Wv7o
The gauges look good. I have been thinking about getting a dash pod, how did you run the wires?
It wasn't too difficult. Pop the top section of dash off. Lay it on the ground. Mark and drill the two small holes for the bracket. Mount bracket: you'll probably need to put two or three washers between the bracket and the top of dash to raise it high enough for the holes on the pod to line up (don't forget to use locktight). Then use a dremmel to cut off the remainder of the screws sticking up (they'll hit the gauges if you don't). From there I measured about 2-3 inches from the middle of the bracket and drilled a 1 1/2" hole. Put dash back on the truck and trace the hole. Remove dash again and use dremmel to cut a square hole. Replace dash for the last time. I fed the two white box connectors up from the bottom (you'll need a buddy/wife/girlfriend etc with small fingers) and the boost tubing and light wiring down from the top. A stiff neck and a few chewed up fingers later it was done!
Old 11-05-2007, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Extrema2
It wasn't too difficult. Pop the top section of dash off. Lay it on the ground. Mark and drill the two small holes for the bracket. Mount bracket: you'll probably need to put two or three washers between the bracket and the top of dash to raise it high enough for the holes on the pod to line up (don't forget to use locktight). Then use a dremmel to cut off the remainder of the screws sticking up (they'll hit the gauges if you don't). From there I measured about 2-3 inches from the middle of the bracket and drilled a 1 1/2" hole. Put dash back on the truck and trace the hole. Remove dash again and use dremmel to cut a square hole. Replace dash for the last time. I fed the two white box connectors up from the bottom (you'll need a buddy/wife/girlfriend etc with small fingers) and the boost tubing and light wiring down from the top. A stiff neck and a few chewed up fingers later it was done!
Thanks for the info, now it's my turn to buy gauges.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
extrema2, thanks for posting up pics, I've been looking at the exact same package with same gauges so it's nice to see how it's going to look. one question though ...

Does the dimmer switch for the dash have a jumper line to the gauges so that they will dim as well, or is their brightness constant? TIA
Old 11-05-2007, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by DevilzTower
Does the dimmer switch for the dash have a jumper line to the gauges so that they will dim as well, or is their brightness constant? TIA
There is a jumper wire. The kit is supplied with a splice that jumps the power from the dimmer switch to your gauge's lights so they will dim also.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by DevilzTower
extrema2, thanks for posting up pics, I've been looking at the exact same package with same gauges so it's nice to see how it's going to look. one question though ...

Thanks for the feedback. As Performance said, there is a hookup to the dimmer switch. If I remember correctly it was the second line in, Orange with a Brown trace line. Easy to find with a voltmeter. Brightness levels and colour of the ISSPRO gauges are almost bang on with the stock dash lights.