3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Edje J/A and MP8 Stack questions, concerns and observations

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edje J/A and MP8 Stack questions, concerns and observations

Hey guys,

Have not had much time to play with my stack and new tranny parts (see other post), but I have a few questions.

First, truck seems to work great on level 3 on the Edge J/A and 50% on the ramifire. I don't seem to get as good a "feel" running the ramifire alone, or adding much more to the level 3/50%. I get a LOT of black smoke when I add the ramifire, especially off the lights, and now with a tighter converter, its even more. Unlike some ppl, I'm not a huge smoke fan. I'd like to clear it up somehow.

Lots of ppl. say crank the ramifire and run the juice on low levels, but I don't think truck works as nice/smooth doing that. Also, although it makes a lot of black smoke, truck does not see THAT much more powerfull when I turn things on high.

I think I might be needing a fuel pump. I got a gauge mount the other day, need to get a good gauge and hook that up, then a pump for my '05. I really want to see the fuel pressure readings pre and post new pump.

My EGTs can get high fast, so, am wondering what I can do to keep them a bit cooler, or, what is the next mod step for me (other then the pump)?

I think a set of 4.10s would make the truck work much better, but, i really like the milage/highway power i got with 3.73s and 37s. Truck is FAST in overdrive, and, it has LONG legs.

I'm just trying to figure out the most efficent/best power level settigns on my stack w/o having to run the truck at WOT 100 times to "test" it! As much as I would REALLY like to, I need this thing daily for work. Wife to be says to modding work truck, lol, but i just can't listen!
Old 05-08-2006, 09:33 AM

Igor,

Do you have the "softer stack" program of the Ramifier or MP-8? How do you have it hooked up at the map...Juice 1st or second?

This combo is a sweet running combo...my brother is very happy after I tuned up his truck last week. 4/4 and 100% on the soft MP-8 program...with the MP-8 on the Map sensor first....hauls but. It is all the OEM lift program can handle and the temps are in check at 3,000 ft for a 1/4 mile.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by cquestad
Igor,

Do you have the "softer stack" program of the Ramifier or MP-8? How do you have it hooked up at the map...Juice 1st or second?

This combo is a sweet running combo...my brother is very happy after I tuned up his truck last week. 4/4 and 100% on the soft MP-8 program...with the MP-8 on the Map sensor first....hauls but. It is all the OEM lift program can handle and the temps are in check at 3,000 ft for a 1/4 mile.
I think my Ramifire is just a regular program, i have it hooked up first, then the juice, then the factory harness.

It works good, its just that it kinda feels almost too much for the motor when I turn them up, but level 3/5 on edge nad 50-60% on the ramifire seems to work good.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:31 AM

OK...

You need to send the module back to TS...kick down 50 bucks to have it reprogramed to the stack program.

You will like that one WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better.

Right now...you are fueling way to hard down low and to high, plus the boost that the Juice sees is capped at 22 or some value to low for it to run better. I have tried it both ways and it is better with the stack program and the Ramifier plugged into the map first.

It fools the Juice into fueling harder down low and does not cap the boost signal at the higher end. This will allow the Juice perform like it should and defuel like it did by itself. My bro's truck is running so good it is scary. It hung withy mine...(for a bit... ). PM me if you want more detail.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:18 PM

If anyone knows how to post a video...I have a little smoke show / interstate rally that shows the results of this stack on an otherwise stock auto/turbo.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Banned

cquestad- does your brother's truck have a stock turbo?

i have a Juice/A2 on order along with an AFE stage II and the FASS 150. I'd like stack the Juice with the MP8 but want to hear what its like from someone with experience.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:55 AM

Yes...he does. It is the best fuel package availible for a stock turbo IMHO. It will put as much power to the ground..either 5-5, 5-4, or 4-4 on the regular J/A and the "stack program" on the MP-8 on max... that the stock turbo can handle. I have set the boost defuel at 38 psi and the temp defuel at 1450 degrees and it runs seemless. My best guess is that it puts 420-430 to the ground safely with out temp, boost, or scary high rail pressure problems. This is unloaded at 3,000 feet pedal mashed to the floor till the speed limiter kicks in. Loaded, towing, or high elevations would require it being turned back a little. The cool thing is the J/A can be set and left and the MP-8 **** can be instantly cranked from a real low setting (towing and good smoke control) to max (racing and a good smoke show) instantly. I am a big fan of this program for an almost stock truck.

Tranny upgrade, pusher pump, stock turbo, J/A, MP-8 stack program, exhaust, intake, torque tube, and Don M's small sticks when he makes them will almost make 500 hp out of a stock turbo on a 4.5 and up I am thinking...
Old 05-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Banned

How much is the MP8? and how hard is it to acquire one programmed for the Juice stack?
Old 05-10-2006, 09:19 AM

Go to one of the vendors sites...I even think DTR sells them too! You may choose to buy one direct from TS Performance, since there would not be a reprogram fee most likely....