3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Edge W/ Attitude Q's

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge W/ Attitude Q's

Hey guys i'm looking at a 04.5 600 CTD and i want to get the Edge W/ Attitude...if the rest of the truck is stock...is it safe to use all 5 levels? And if not what has to be done to safely run all 5 levels and not run into problems. Thanks
Old 01-27-2006, 03:45 PM

i have the edge j/a and i run all 5 power levels and i just have a strait pipe and k&n air intake and i havent had any problems so far. im about to stack the it with the superchips and im also wondering if i need any upgrades if i stack the two. but in your situation i wouldnt worry about upgrades that much as long as you dont pull anything higher than the level 2. does anybody know if i need upgrades if i stack the edge j/a and the superchips besides what i got so far?
Old 01-27-2006, 04:11 PM

My Dad has an 05 that is bone stock except for the Edge/Attitude. His is also an automatic. I think he leaves his on level 5 all the time and has never had any problems. But he never tows with it. I know people with Ford and Chevys that run stock trucks with the Edge/Attitude and have no problems either. I would say watch the egt's and it would be fine. There are alot of guys on here that really know their stuff so I am sure they will help you out on this also.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:31 PM

Would it be too much ok to pull my trailer the weighs prolly 1600 lbs max on level 5 if i wanted too or don't tow period at anything over level 2?
Old 01-27-2006, 04:34 PM

i wouldnt recomend it but i mean if you want to make it smoke real bad for a second or two im sure it would be ok as long as you dont run it all the time on 5. you might be able to pull it on level 3 but i wouldnt keep it on 5 for real long, just keep an eye on your egt's if you do though!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 04:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what is redline for egt's? What should it be at regularly?
Old 01-27-2006, 05:34 PM

The nice thing about the Juice w/ Attitude is you can set the box to automatically defuel if your EGTs get too high. It also will defuel for tranny slip. Other than your tranny not liking it, I don't see any problem running level 5 on the box. I wouldn't tow with it that way because your EGTs will be quite high, but for around town and empty-highway Lvl 5 is fine. Just don't expect good MPG figures Oh, and max consistent EGTs are in the 1300-1350 range, and brief spikes of 1500 or so won't hurt anything.

FWIW, I run mine on Lvl 3 for daily driving with the low-boost fueling set at Lvl 3 as well. It smokes a little if I get on it but not too bad. My milage with 50/50 city/highway is just about the same as stock. I'm experimenting with Lvl 1 this tank to see if the milage figures are up a bit, but I'm thinking I'm going to go back to Lvl 3 or 4 for daily driving unless it is WAY up. Which I doubt.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:32 PM

EGT's are not an issue with the juice for me. I mean level 5 with a heavy load might be but unloaded I can just mat the **** thing and never see much over 1100egt wise. It is more the transmission. level 5 is too much to safely run on the stock tranny IMO. It is not like it just going to break or anything like that but you can induce slipage. That will shorten its life.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:37 PM

hognutz...what would i have to do to the tranny if i wanted to run level 5 all the time with out running into trouble.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:38 PM

sure wish they would come out with one for the 06's, as i just put the edge/attitude on my wifes 05 F-150 and it really woke it up, love it!! guess i just have to hurry up and wait.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tyler_02
hognutz...what would i have to do to the tranny if i wanted to run level 5 all the time with out running into trouble.
Well from what I gather you can get away with a valve body upgrade. there are some issues to this though. the incressed pressures can cause some issues some of the orings at the pump if I remeber correctly from what was explained to me. then a couple of the places told me that if you run to much pressue your 2/3 lever has too high of ratio I think stock is 5.0 and they like to knock it down a bit. Now if you don't completely undersand all this I don't blame you as I was clueless about these things until I called DTT, Dunrite, goerend bros.

so short story long I would kind of say do both converter, valvebody,and recomended oring and lever changes all at once. buy all the stuff from the same place most likley. It comes to about $1500-$1600 shipped if you do it yourself. this will be plenty for the juice and give you a little margin if you ever want to stack it with a pressure box or upgrade to the hot modle. The new converter will be more effecient as well so you should pick up 30hp+ there as well so it is not just a strenght mod. It should make the truck drive alot nicer possibly better milage because the converter feel ineficent to me when unlocked..

Now whether you go single disc or triple disc converter is another decision and the price differens is around $300. so It would be about $1800 do to the same thing with a triple disc converter. I tend to waiver on this as the holding power is better but stock shafts are stock shafts. the extra holding power could just cause you to break them. I won't pretend to be an expert on that and would listen to who ever you choose to buy from.

I am right in the middle of trying to decide what to do myself and I have not completely made my mind up. I have decided on converter and valve body, most likely DTT or goerend bros. I have not decied 100% on triple or single disc but leaning towards single because of the shaft issue I mentioned. Both DTT and goerend kind recomended single but I see lots of triple disc's in signatures. Once taxes get back I will most liketly call goerend bros and DTT and who ever gives me the best bottom line price will get my business.

so I don't know if I helped you or confused you but this is where I am at.

ohh and one thing I forgot was there is some difference of opinion on how much the stock flex plate with take so I am researching that as well. I think you are completely fine with just the juice but if you ever wanted to go farther you would need to research the real limit of that.